Walking Alone

Author's POV

Harley crossed her arms as she walked down the Gotham streets. "Hey lady. I don't think you should be walking alone this late at night." A voice said.

Harley turned her head to the side of the street to where the voice was coming from and Joker was following her while driving slowly in his car.

"Leave me alone." Harley stared at him.

"Sorry but I can't do that. There's a lot of creeps on the street. I have to protect my girl and my child." He smirked.

"You're the creep." She walked faster.

"You can't outrun this car. Walking faster is not gonna help you. And me being a creep is different. You're my girlfriend. I think I can be a creep with you. On the other hand, these other creeps will try to inappropriately touch my lady." He pulled out a gun.

"Good thing that I have this, Harls." He sighed.

Harley tried to ignore him 'I can protect myself' Harley said in her head.

"Oh. Is that so?" He smirked.

"Huh? Did you just read my mind?" Harley smirked back.

"Oh well. Maybe. I know you like the back of my hand, Honey. You can't protect yourself out here." He rolled his eyes.

"And who said that?" Harley wasn't surprised when he started laughing.

"Me. Let me ask you a question. Where's your bat or your gun, Love?" He took a breath after laughing.

She felt around herself, looking for her weapons.

"That's right. They're in my car. If you want them, get in." He frowned. "Oh! Listen!" 'Otherside' by Red Hot Chilli Peppers played loudly in the car. "How long, How long will I slide? Separate my side I don't." He sang.

"Ugh. You're so cheesy." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on. Don't be a stranger. You love this song. Now get in the fuckin car." He said.