This Summer

Author's POV

"Ssshhh. I wanna take them home." Harley was very tired by the sound of her tone but it was hard to tell from her slurs.

"Harley, no. Let's leave." Joker smiled at her.

"No. Whooo hoo! I wanna party." She stretched her arms in the air and wanted to go back in the restaurant.

"No I said no. Let's go." He held her by the waist, leading her to the car.

"I want some more drinks." Harley grinned at him. He opened the door for her.

"No, you already had three after your first one." He rolled his blue eyes.

"I wanna listen to some music." Harley had a teasing smile on her face.

"Go ahead."

Harley laid her head back on the seat.

"Are you ok?"

"Just a little light headed." She stared at the street lights.

"Of course." He found it shocking but funny to see her like this.

Harley reached for the radio and stopped on the station that was playing 'This Summer' by Maroon 5. "I love this song." She yawned. Harley turned down the window.

"What are you doing?" He tried to see what she was doing but was blinded by the street lights.

Harley stuck her head out. "THIS SUMMER'S GONNA HURT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!" She didn't even shiver when the cold wind hit her skin.

He grabbed her from the waist and sat her down properly. "Harley, shush." He stared at her.

Harley pouted and sniffled in her seat.

"What now?" He gasped.

"I found a split end." She played with her hair. "I'm bored." Harley snapped him out of his trance.

"Here." He passed his phone to Harley and looked at her.

Harley went to his messages and opened messages between him and Johnny Frost.

You're the sweetest candything in all of the universe. ~Harley 😌

Joker. Are you drunk? ~Johnny

No. This is Harley. But yea ~Harley

Oh. That makes sense. Why do you have his phone? ~Johnny

He let me borrow it. ~Harley

Well. That was a big mistake. ~Johnny

I gotta go but I'll text you later, Frosty the Snowman ~Harley

She opened the window of the roof of the car and stood up in her seat. "IM THE KING OF THE WORLD!"

"Harley, get down." Joker grabbed onto her legs and yanked on her dress, softly. "We're home."