One More Night

Author's POV

"Yeah. Come in." Michelle opened the door wider for them to enter. "Sit down. Make yourselves comfortable. Do you want drinks?" Michelle looked outside the window and it was heavily raining.

"No, thanks."

"Is Floyd ok?" Michelle looked afraid for the news she was about to hear.

"Floyd is in the hospital."

"What happened?"

"He was stabbed multiple times in the chest but he's going to be ok"

"Thank god."

Her phone rang. She checked it and it was and unknown number. "Zoe, maybe you should go to your room for a little while and let me talk to them."

She obeyed and went to her room.

"Excuse me. I have a call." Michelle sat up from her seat and walked to the kitchen.

"Michelle."

The voice sounded really familiar. "Floyd?"

Without anyone knowing, Zoe crept from her room and was eavesdropping.

"It's me."

"Why are you calling from an unknown number?"

"I'm using a friends."

"Hey." George greeted.

"Hi. Floyd. Are you ok?"

"Yes but I called you to say that I can't see you anymore. I was going to ask Harley to tell you but I want to tell you myself."

Michelle started to cry and so did Zoe quietly so her mother wouldn't hear.

"What about Zoe?"

"It's better for her too. You guys will never be threatened ever again. I love you and I love her."

"I love you too."

The call hung up and Michelle walked out of the kitchen.

"Are you ok?" Rick's attention drew to her.

"I know why you guys are here. You wanted to tell me the bad news about Floyd." Michelle looked away.

"I'm sorry." Harley stared at her.

"It's ok. I know it's for the best." Michelle said with ignorance.