Apologize

Author's POV

Joker slapped Harley so hard that she hit the ground.

"Stop." She lightly whispered.

"You deserve it." He paused and looked at his hands. "What am I doing?"

"You're hurting me. Isn't it obvious?" She started feeling dizzy and her vision blurred.

"I know that but why? I know you did that to me but it's really my fault." He fell to his knees. He got no response from her.

"Harley? I apologize ok? Maybe you should stay away from me." He shook her and realized that she wasn't conscious. "Oh no. Fuck." His heart stopped.

——————————————————————

Harley opened her eyes slowly.

"I see you're awake."

"Where am I?" Harley held her head in pain as she laid on a bed.

"You're at the hospital. I see you have a little headache there."

"It usually comes and goes." Harley sat up but the doctor stopped her.

"Don't sit up too fast."

"Who brought me here?" Harley looked at her hands and there was stained blood on them.

"Your boyfriend. He said that you passed out. Do you know why you passed out so fast?"

Maybe because of the hitting but that had happened before and Harley never passed out.

"Nope. But I've been throwing up a lot recently. When I eat, I feel nauseas sometimes, and I get headaches often."

"Interesting. Well you can-" The doctor was interrupted when Harley threw up and coughed in a nearby trash can.

"I'm sorry..." She said.

"It's fine. You can come back if you continue to feel sick." The girl smiled.

Harley was about to leave the room. "Um before I go, can I have one of those pregnancy tests?" She was terrified even at the thought.

"Sure. Yeah."

"I'll have two. I heard that you can never be sure with one."

"Ha. Right."