Imagine: Stop Scrolling (Dean x Reader)

You were sitting on your bed scrolling through your Instagram feed. You wiped away the tears caused by the recent episode of your favorite show in the world, Supernatural. You swiped your fingers across the screen to the next picture.

You smiled slightly at the picture

You smiled slightly at the picture. You thought about how great it would be if it was real. You took a screenshot, and you scrolled to the next picture before pausing and scrolling back up to look at the picture again. It was gone. The photo has disappeared. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. You looked up the account that had posted it. It didn't even exist.

"What the hell?" You mumbled. You went to your photos and luckily it was there. You thought for a moment. You had been in the fandom about 2 years, but how did you get into it? You shook off the strange occurrence and found the will to put your phone down and go to bed. You stared at the ceiling, contemplating everything. You thought about your entire life... Nothing. Why the hell couldn't you remember your own life? You grabbed your phone off your bedside table and went back to the photo.

"Y/n," a voice called out to you. You looked around your room. No one was there. The voice sounded exactly like Dean's...

"Did she get it?" A voice- Sam's asked. It seemed far away. You clutched your head.

"I'm going insane," you mumbled to yourself. You looked back to your phone to find the picture gone. You froze and it started to sink in. A pain went through your head and you were thrown into a memory.

"Come on, Dean, let me drive," you pleaded. Dean sighed and threw the keys to the Impala to you. You smiled excitedly and jumped in the driver's seat. You started down the road. You were just on a beer run, wouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.

"Hey uh- Y/n," Dean mumbled rumbling the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah?" You asked, turning the wheel for a turn.

"There's some thing I wanted to talk to you about..." Dean said.

"Go ahead," you replied. Dean cleared his throat nervously.

"Y/n, you are like the sister I never had..." Dean started. You frowned, you'd just been friendzoned. "But uh- I- I feel differently than that. I- I love you, in a romantic way." You were in shock and you turned to Dean.

"Dean, I-"

"Look out!" Dean yelled pointing at the road. You turned just in time to see a truck heading right for you. There was a loud crash and everything went black...

You opened your eyes gasping for breath. You looked around finding yourself in your room. You ran a hand down your face. You knew now. You didn't belong in there. You were meant to be with Dean. Things started to fit together and you closed your eyes. You willed yourself to wake up.

Come on, wake up. I need to wake up. I need to get back to Dean. I have to tell him. I have to tell him. You told yourself. You opened your eyes to see no change. Tears threatened to spill when you heard beeping noises... It sounded like a heart monitor. Everything began growing dark. You finally opened your eyes, for real. You were staring at the white ceiling of a hospital room. You looked to your right to see Dean asleep in a chair. You looked around to see all kinds of machines hooked up to you. You smiled at Dean and decided to wake him up.

"Hey, dumbass. Wake up," you spoke.

"5 more minutes, Y/n," Dean grumbled, shifting.

"Oh so you tell me to wake up, but now you won't," you sassed. Dean's eyes snapped open and he looked at you in shock.

"Y/n," he breathed. He stood and hugged you tightly. "God, I missed you."

"I missed you too, Dean," you replied. "I love you too by the way."

"Your remember that?" Dean asked, pulling away from you. You nodded and looked into his beautiful green eyes. You both leaned towards each other.

"Oh my god! Y/n!" You heard the moose exclaim. You turned to the door and saw Sam with Cas.

"Sam, I believe we were interrupting something," Cas spoke. Sam shrugged and walked over to you.

"I missed you so much, Y/n," he hugged you tightly before stepping away. You grabbed Cas and pulled him into a hug. Cas stiffened.

"Thanks for finding a way to get to me, Cassie," you smiled. Cas eventually wrapped his arms around you, hugging you back.

"It was no problem, Y/n," he returned a smile. You looked back to Dean, his eyes were teary.

"Could you guys leave for a minute, I need to talk to Dean," you looked to Sam and Cas. They nodded knowingly and stepped out.

"It's my fault, Y/n," Dean mumbled, sitting on the edge of your bed. You grabbed one of his hands, holding it tightly in yours. A single tear rolled down his cheek.

"No. No it's not," you replied.

"I should have been driving, or I should have waited until you weren't-" you cut him off with a kiss. You finally broke away and you put your forehead against his. You wiped away the tear with your thump and cupped him cheek.

"Dean Winchester, it is not your fault, not even a tiny bit," you spoke. "You understand that?" Dean nodded in response. You pulled him into a hug

"I love you, Y/n," Dean said

"I love you too, Dean," you replied, hugging him even tighter.

---

Just a quickie until I get through my writer's block. Also
NEXT WEEK IS THE SEASON FINALE AND I'M NOT READY
I DON'T WANNA GO ON HIATUS AGAIN! I CAN'T DO IT! I BARELY SURVIVED LAST YEAR'S, AND I WAS ONLY ON HIATUS FOR TWO MONTHS! AND I'M GOING TO DEFINITELY CRY DURING CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON... I DON'T WANNA GO ON HIATUS!

 I DON'T WANNA GO ON HIATUS!

-G