OneShot: Whiskey Lullaby (Dean x Reader)

Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss

-WARNING TRIGGERS-
SUICIDE

Y/n sat on the ground, leaning against the willow tree, reading her book. Then, Dean wrapped his strong arms around her. She smiled and put her book mark in, before putting the book down. She turned around and kissed him.

"Promise you'll be careful," she whispered. Dean smirked.

"I promise," he replied.

-2 months later-

"Y/n! I'm back!" Dean called through the bunker. He handed Sam his bag as he went to search for her. As he got closer to their room, he heard giggling and two voices. Just before he opened the door he hoped with all his might it was just Y/n and Charlie watching one of their tv shows. Then, he turned the handle and remembered, Charlie is dead. There in his and Y/n's bed were Gabriel and Y/n. They were kissing passionately and they were both half naked, Y/n only in lingerie. Then, Y/n caught Dean in the corner of her eye and she quickly pulled away from Gabriel.

"Dean-" she began. Dean just put his hand up, stopping her. He left the room without a word.

She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette

Dean got into the Impala and drove off.

-A year later-

She broke his heart he spent his whole life tryin' to forget

Dean couldn't get over Y/n. He sat in the chair and took a long drink. He looked around the little cabin. Empty bottles littered the room.

We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time

There had been more, but Sam and Cas had visited. They had cleaned up the cabin while they were there. They saw the bags underneath Dean's eyes and reeked of alcohol. But they had left and the bottle had piled up again.
But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind

But no matter how much he drank even when he could barely walks, he couldn't forget Y/n. He had planned to marry her... But what was the use now?
Until the night

He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger

He grabbed another bottle of whiskey.

And finally drank away her memory

His vision was blurry and he could barely stand.

Life is short but this time it was bigger

He wobbled to the small bed in the corner. He downed the entire bottle in just a few gulps. He always knew it would end like this.

Than the strength he had to get up off his knees

Just as he began to lose himself he grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled on it. He climbed into the bed as tears ran down his cheeks.

We found him with his face down in the pillow

Not soon after Sam and Cas returned to retrieve Sam's laptop. They opened the door and saw the bottles every where.
"Dean?" Sam asked, seeing his brother laying in the bed. It was Cas who knew something was wrong. The angel saw Dean was gone. He half ran, shaking his friend's shoulder. Something fell out of Dean's hand.