Imagine: Vet or Hunter (Sam x Reader) // A/N

So this was requested by the_cookie_whisperer
Hope you like it!
---

"What's the matter, Sammy?" You asked the moose. Shock was plastered on his face. You followed his gaze to the end of the grocery aisle, where a woman with dark brown, curly hair stood. You turned back to your boyfriend and waved a hand in front of his face.

"W-what?" Sam asked, looking down at you. You put your hands on your hips and glared at him.

"Who's the girl?" You questioned. Sam opened his mouth to answer when he was interrupted.

"Sam? Is that you?" The same woman you had spotted said, walking up to you and Sam.

"Yeah," he breathed. "H-hi Amelia." Amelia pulled Sam in for a hug. You felt a twinge of jealousy in your chest. Sam seemed to notice your face and pulled away from her. "Amelia, this is Y/n. Y/n this is Amelia."

"I think Sam mentioned you before," Amelia smiled, she held out her hand for you to shake and you hesitantly shook it. You looked to Sam and saw his eyes locked on Amelia with a familiar look on his face.

"Well he's never mentioned you," you replied. "Sam, we have to go, Dean's waiting for his pie."

You stared out the window as your drove back to the motel. Neither of you had said a word.

"Y/n, what's the matter?" Sam asked. You hesitated, wondering weather you should express your silly fear or not.

"The way you looked at Amelia... It's the same way you look at me," you spoke. "And you never mentioned her to me before."

"I'll explain when we get to the motel," Sam sighed.

You sat down on the motel bed next to the moose. Sam looked to the floor before looking at you. You nodded for him to start.

"When Dean and Cas went to purgatory I had no one. Crowley had taken Kevin, Bobby was dead, and you... You left," Sam started. You broke eye contact and looked at the floor. You remembered leaving... Losing Bobby affected you in a much different way to the brothers. You didn't want revenge. You didn't want to fight. You wanted to be alone. You needed to be alone. So a few days after Bobby died you ran off going back to your solo hunts. You only came back to help the brothers with the trials. "And then I hit a dog..."

"You hit a dog?" You asked looking at the moose in confusion.

"Yeah, then I took him to a vet. The vet was Amelia and then we met a bit later. We started dating and we bought a house. I loved her so much," Sam went on. Your eyes filled with sadness. "And then her husband who was supposed to be KIA came back and Dean was back too. I still loved her, but I knew that I had to leave her for her own good."

"Oh," was all you could manage. You could see it in his eyes that he was yearning for her and you sighed. "Sam. If you still love her, go to her. I won't stop you."

"Y/n, please don't do this to me. Please don't make me choose," Sam spoke quietly.

"Well I am. Choose the vet or the hunter?" You asked, a bit of anger filled jealousy was apparent in your voice. You stood up and started to walk off when Sam grabbed your wrist.

"Y/n-" Sam started but you interrupted him.

"I can see it your eyes when you saw her and you talk about her. You still love her, Sam. I won't stop you from being with her if that's what makes you happy," You spoke before leaving the motel room. You felt a tear roll down your cheek and you quickly wiped it away with your hand. You went to the motel next to yours and knocked on the door.

"What's the matter?" Dean questioned as he opened the door. You walked in and sat down on the couch, burying your face in your hands.

"Y/n, I'm sensing emotional distress," Cas stated, sitting next to you on the couch.

"Well you're not wrong," you mumbled.

"Is it Sam?" Dean asked, pulling a chair up near the couch. You nodded and looked up at your boyfriend's brother. "What did he do?"

"When we were in the grocery store he saw one of his ex's," you answered.

"Amelia," Dean said. Your eye widened in surprise.

"How did you know?" You asked.

"Because all other women that were in a relationship with Sam are dead," Cas replied.

"Why didn't I know this?" You grumbled.

"Y/n, just get to why you are upset," Dean urged you on.

"Sam. He still loves her. The way his eyes lit up when he saw her or spoke about her made it obvious," you gruffly replied, folding your arms.

"I thought I had fixed this," Dean mumbled under his breath. "Y/n, Sam and Amelia are over."

"It doesn't seem like it," you hissed at the older Winchester.

"Sam loves you. I can see his soul glow even brighter than usual when he is with you," Cas reassured you.

"I don't know what to do. I love him and he loves me, but he also still loves her too. I just want him to be happy and if that means that he leaves me for her, then I'm okay with that. But I'm not okay with it at the same time," you explained. Cas and Dean shared a glance.

"Sam, he loves you, and he only loves you," Dean spoke. You were started to get annoyed now.

"You didn't see it! You didn't see how he melted into her hug! It's the same damn thing he does with me!" You growled. Another tear streamed down your cheek.

"Dammit Y/n. Sam loves you! He's going to propose to you, soon!" Dean yelled. You froze and stared at the Winchester. Dean face-palmed and ran his hand down his face mumbling a curse.

"I'm being an idiot aren't I?" You asked trying to blink away your tears.

"Somewhat," Cas answered.

"Well damn," you mumbled. "I gotta go get Sam." You stood and walked to the door. You opened it to see Sam standing there. His hand was raised to knock on the door. You spoke at the same time.

"Y/n, I-"
"Sam, I-"

"You first,"
"You first,"

"Sam, I'm sorry. I messed up," you quietly apologized, looking to the floor. Sam tilted your chin to look up at him.

"No. It's my fault. I thought I buried those feelings for her, but now I've abandoned them for good. I choose you, Y/n," Sam spoke gently. He knelt down on one knee and held up a bow with a ring in. You gasped and felt the waterworks come back. "Y/n, will you marry me?"

"Oh my... Yes. Yes of course!" You smiled. Sam stood and you jumped at him kissing him. He wrapped his arms around your waist, keeping you at his height.

"Are you two even breathing?" Dean asked with a laugh. Not breaking the kiss you flipped off the squirrel.

"Well that's rude," Cas mumbled. Eventually you pulled away from each other and Sam slipped the ring on your finger.

"You chose wisely," you grinned. Sam and Dean laughed.

"I understood that reference," Cas commented

"And I understood that reference," Dean added.

---
So my family had brunch with one of my mom's friend's family... They were all outside by their pool and I chose to stay inside. The entire time my parents kept trying to get me to go outside despite me telling them I was too tired to swim  and another reason I did not say... my cnidophobia (the fear of stings, in my case, by insects like bees and wasps)

Anyway... On the ride home my parents complained how I never participated in anything anymore and by not going outside I was being rude. So I feel like shit because if I told them the real reasons behind this they would either not take me seriously or put me in a mental hospital. So I guess I'll see you tacos later...
-G