dinner time

Demi’s POV

She looked terrified. She didn’t speak she just began to shake her head at me; tears were filling her beautiful eyes. I picked her up, and oh my God was she light; there was no way I was going to let her skip dinner, no matter how hard she cried.

I felt awful, she was struggling and trying to break free from my hold but I held on to her and walked into the kitchen. I hated seeing her so upset and scared but I had to be the adult and do what I knew was best for her. I’d already put our dinner on the table, I chose something simple, pasta. I sat down on a chair with Ebony on my knee; she was shaking a still trying to get away.

“NO, NO, you can’t make me, please don’t, Demi please” ebony pleaded with me as I tried to get her to eat something. I was starting to get worried about her, ebony was so thin already, and weak, she needs to start eating properly.

“ ebony, sweetie come on just something small, for me, come on I know you have had a long day but I really need you to eat something for me. I’m right here with you, we’re in this together baby”

“no, no we’re not! your gonna end up sending me back, it happens every time”

“Ebony, I’m not leaving you I promise, I’m going to be here with you through everything, good and bad ok? Now come on sweetheart please try and eat for me”

Silently Eb picked up her fork, her hands were shaking, she managed about three mouthfuls and then looked at me to say she was done. I took the fork off her, picked up some pasta and lifted it to her mouth, still crying she let me feed her. After about 20 minutes of slow eating I was satisfied with the amount she had eaten.

I now had to stop her running away to make herself sick, this was definitely the hardest part.

“no! I don’t like it, please, please leave me, I can’t do it” I had hold of Ebony, making her unable to run to the bathroom. She was struggling and panicking against me.

“shhhh, shhhh sweetheart come on calm down, it’s all ok, ive got you”  

Ebony’s breathing softened and she gave up the fight and tucked herself into me. I carried her over to the sofa and cradled her in my arms. She began to calm down and started playing with my hand. I already love my baby girl so much, I can’t wait to introduce her to the world of my lovatics.

“I’m so proud of you Eb, so so proud”

“But I cried and struggled and panicked and screamed, how can you be proud of that”

“Because you’re sat here with me now with a good meal inside you, you have let me adopt you and start to look after you after everything you have been through. Without realizing, you have been incredibly strong and brave today and I can promise you with a bit of hard work you’re going to start feeling so much better.”

She was looking up at me with a little innocent smile on her face, I knew she had listened carefully to what I had said.

“thank you demi”

And with we sat there in a comfortable silence for a good few hours. She was cuddled into my body and I alternated between rubbing small circles on her back and stroking her hair.