Dance ideas

Ebony POV

As I begin to wake up I can feel Demi's arms around me.
I know she's there and that I'm fine but I can't help panicking.
I hate the fact I can't control my emotions.

I'm starting to toss and turn. My breathing is getting faster and my arms and legs are flinging about all over the place.

I can't get myself out of this. I need demi. I need my mummy.

Demi POV

I look at my phone and it's only half 7 in the morning, I've got the full day off so there's no need for me to get up yet.

I wrap my arms around ebony and shut my eyes. I'll try and get at least another hours sleep in.

Well that was my plan until I feel ebony start to wake up.

She's all over the place bless her.

"Mummy" she's crying, half awake half asleep

She's struggling to control her breathing, oh my poor little one.

"Shhh princess, mummy's here"

"Hhellp me-e"

"Come here sweetheart" I say lifting her up and cradling her in my arms, I rest her head on my chest and begin singing to her, I know it calms her down.

"This is a story that I have never told
I gotta get this off my chest to let it go
I need to take back the light inside you stole
You're a criminal
And you steal like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

Out of the ashes, I'm burning like a fire
You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar
I've got shame, I've got scars
That I will never show
I'm a survivor
In more ways than you know

Cause all the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I'm not broken or bruised

'Cause now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway

Now I'm a warrior
I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

No oh, yeah, yeah

You can never hurt me again"

"Thank you mummy"

"Anytime baby, are you ok?"

"Yeah"

"Good, now come here and give mummy big snuggles" I say as I pull her in to me and cover her with little kisses. She's giggling away and I'm never going to get tired of her little laugh. I just wish I heard it more often.

I really want to do something fun with ebby today, but I don't know what. Lots of fun activities like shopping and theme parks involve loads of people and I want ebony to really feel comfortable and enjoy herself.

"Right then ebby, breakfast time"

I heard that, with younger children with eating disorders if you try not to make a big deal about meal times and try to make them fun then it's easier for them. I must admit it has been working a bit. It's still a huge struggle for her.

"What do you want ebony?"

"You pick"

"Ok well how's about you have the same as me, how does fruit and yogurt sound?"

"Ok momma"

While we're eating I try and distract ebony with conversations about things she likes and is interested in. I'm gonna bring up the dancing thing and see if she will open up to me about it.

"So eb, you know how I'm preparing for my tour?"

"Yeah"

"Well I was thinking I may need some help with the dancing side of it and I was wondering if you could help me"

"Mummy I can't dance"

"Ebony baby, mummy knows you can, and I think you're pretty amazing"

"How'd you know?"

"Don't be angry but me and Marissa saw you on the game with maddie"

"I'm not angry, I liked that game"

"You looked like you were having so much fun baby girl"

"I was, dancing always makes me happy"

"Where, when and how did you learn to dance like that?"

"Ermmm, my bedroom in the orphanage, I started when I was 4 and I just taught myself. I had nothing better to do so I just always practiced."

"Ebony, what would you say if we went out today and got all the stuff to turn one of the spare rooms into a dance studio. We can have mirrors all round the room, a ballet bar, we could put dancers quotes on the wall"

"Mummy you sound more exited than me" she giggled

"Should we do it then?"

"Yes please mummy"

"Good that's sorted our plans out for today, now come on eat up chick"

"I'm finished"

"Not yet you're not, a bit more please ebony"

She picks her spoon back up and continues eating, she's nearly finished but she's struggling now. To be fair to her, I did give her the same amount as me. So she's done really well.

"Ok princess, if you want you can finish there, you've done really well. I'm very impressed ebby."

Without speaking she climbs down of her chair and comes up onto my knee. She wraps herself around me like a little koala bear.

I know what she's doing and I couldn't be prouder. She's making sure she doesn't run off to the bathroom. She's stopping herself.

"I don't like it" she whimpers

"I know baby girl but you're doing so well, I'm so proud of you. Stay strong for me"

I stand up with ebony still clutched onto me, I carry her into her bedroom and set her down on her bed.

Time to play the distraction game again.

"What do you wanna wear today ebony?"

"You pick"

"Ebony that's all you ever say when I ask you to chose something"

"I like what you dress me in though"

"Ok fine, let me have a look in here then" I say walking into her closet.

I pick out a pair of little denim shorts with a pink t-shirt with a little grey blazer. I also hand her, her little white converse.

"There you go chick, get changed why I go get ready"

"Ok momma"

"Good girl"

*car ride*

"You're being very quiet ebony, are you ok?" I ask ebony I a notice she's just staring out of the car window

"Yeah"

"Are you sure baby?"

"Is there going to be lots of people mamma?"

Now I get why she's being quiet.

"There might be sweetheart but I'll be with you"

"What about the photo people?"

"Yeah there might be a few paparazzi but I'll protect you eb, you won't have to walk through them"

I pull up outside the shopping centre and a swarm of paps surround my car.

"Ebony don't panic, I'm gonna come and get you"

I walk round to the other side of my car and open ebony's door, as I unclip her car seat she tries to stop me lifting her out.

"Baby come on, let me carry you so we can get inside"

"I don't like them mummy"

"I know princess but just let me get you inside, come on eb"

She lifted her arms out of her car seat and wrapped them around my neck, I held her legs around my waist while she hid her head into my neck.

As I'm walking towards the shops all I can hear are the paps shouting things like.......

"DEMI, DEMI, TURN AROUND, LETS SEE YOUR LITTLE GIRL"

"DEMI SHOW US YOUR BABY"

"DEMI, DEMI COME ON GIVE US A LOOK AT THE BOTH OF YOU"

I didn't answer any of them, I carried ebony and ignored every single one of their questions.

"You can look up now baby, we're inside"

"No"

"Baby it's ok, your away from them now"

Ebony lifted her head from my neck and stared around to work out where she was.

"Here babe, you wanna walk or sit in here?" I pointed to the trolley with the children's seat in it, she's still small enough to fit in it.

"Trolley"

"Ok baby" I say placing her down

"Where are we going mamma?"

"We are going to go get you some dance stuff and paint for your new dance studio, and I may head into topshop"

Ebony giggled at me, she knows how much I love topshop.

We've been walking around the shops for almost two and a half hours, we've got everything we need for her little studio and I have even had chance to treat myself in topshop.

"Hey ebony don't you be falling asleep there baby, we've not quite finished yet"

I give ebony I little shake and her eyes open again. I hand her a bottle of juice from my bag to keep her going.

There's a couple of dance wear shops here, I'm gonna get ebby the cutest dance clothes.

I also get her all the types of dance shoes that have ever existed, I cannot wait to watch her dance properly and not from hiding behind a door.

When we are finally finished, I load everything into my car, the mirrors and ballet bar are being delivered to my house later today.

"Eb, let's go see maddie and grandma"

"Ok mummy"

"Sweetheart if you want to have a little sleep now you can, it will take a while to get there, especially with all this traffic"

"I want to sleep"

"Ok baby, here you go" I say passing her the teddybear that was in the front seat of my car.

I can see in my mirror it won't take her long to fall asleep, she's already got her eyes shut and is snuggled up to the teddy.

A/n

I'm on over 1000 reads!!!! that's very exiting people!!!

Thank you for reading and voting.

As you know I'm very open to all your ideas, whatever they may be.

You know you can always inbox me

Thank you xxxxxxxxx