You chose me

Demi POV

"Bubba me and mama have been discussing my tour and we think it's best if you come with me"

"Just me?" Evie questioned

"Yeah sweetheart"

"What about mama and Ebby?"

"We think it's too much for ebony, she doesn't do well on tour but mama will bring her to see us whenever she can. I want to keep Ebby as settled as possible and being on tour isn't going to help her."

"But what about school and James and Reagan?" She asked

"Sweetie this part of the tour is only about a month and a half long. They can come to some local shows if you want"

"Ok but mama I'll miss you" she said sadly, turning round on Naya's lap to face her.

"I'll miss you too baby but you'll be ok. You can message and call me whenever you need to" Naya told her

While we were talking Lea came back inside with a very sleepy looking Ebby. She was struggling to keep her yes open and kept running them with her little fists.

Ebony toddled over to me and stood in front of me. She leant forward and rested on my legs. I stroked her hair while her head lay on my lap.

Lea joined in a conversation with Naya and Evie while I focused my attention on my little one.

She tried to pull herself up onto my knee so I helped by lifting her up from under her arms.

After placing her on my lap she turned herself into me and lay her head on my chest.

"Tired baby girl?" I asked her

She shook her head no but let out a yawn at the same time. Naya and Evie chuckled at her.

"I think you need a nap bubba"

"No mummy" she whined

"Yes sweetie come on you can sleep on mummy" I soothed her

"No. No sleepy"

I tried to move her so she was lay down a little flatter across my lap but she fought me and tried to get up again.

"No baby, settle down for me" I said as I held her down in my arms, despite her trying to sit up.

"Mummy no. No" she whined, getting more and more worked up.

"Shhhh sweetheart that's enough. Get some sleep."

She rolled over and tried to put her hand down my shirt but I grabbed it and stopped her.

"No baba"

My rejection was the last straw for her. She broke down into tears and began throwing a tantrum. Her arms and legs flung all over the place and she nearly hit me and kicked Naya who still had Evie on her lap.

This just proved to me how tired she actually was.

"Ok enough. I think it's time to go back home" I suggested

Naya agreed and we thanked Lea once more and said goodbye. I allowed Evie to sit in the front passenger seat so I could calm Ebby in the back.

Once again I ignored the law and cradled Ebony in my arms while she cried.

She tried again to put her hand down my shirt but I moved it away again.

"Want mummy" she cried

"I'm here baby. You don't need my boobie" I said softly

"Mummy please"

"No baby girl not now, just try and get some sleep. Mummy's right here"

She eventually gave up and her cries turned into soft whimpers.

"That's it, shhhh good girl Ebby"

"Mumma mummy" she mumbled into my chest.

"Shhhh go to sleep baby girl"

I watched as her thumb entered her mouth and her eyes slowly closed. Even as she was falling asleep she let out a few cries and whimpers.

"Shhh shhhh baby" I cooed over my tired little girl

We soon arrived home and I took her into the quiet room for her nap. Luckily she didn't wake up during the process.

Evie POV

We said bye to auntie lea and got in the car.

Mum told me to get in the front so she could calm Ebby down in the back.

Ebony's crying was giving me a headache. She wouldn't shut up.

"Mama?"

"Yeah sweetheart?" She replied without taking her attention away from the road.

"Why won't mum just let Ebby hold on to her?" I questioned

"We're trying to break the habit. She's going to really struggle without your mum and we need to get her used to coping without certain methods, your mums boobs being one of them" she joked

"Oh right"

"Are you ok angel?"

"Yeah I'm just feeling a bit guilty" I nervously admitted

"Guilty? What for baby?"

"I feel like I'm stealing Ebby away from mum. If I wasn't going on tour with her she would probably have taken her instead"

I'm glad that mum was busy in the back with Ebby. I didn't want her listening to this conversation.

"When your mum and I first talked about her tour we said all along that we thought it would be best if you went with her. She wants Ebby in a stable routine but most importantly she wanted to spend time with you" she told me

"That's not true"

"I promise you it's true. Both your mum and Ebby are going to struggle without each other so we have to be strong for them and make it as easy as possible"

I stopped talking when I heard Ebby's cries stop.

I can't believe mum chose me over ebony.

She actually wanted me with her.

Or is it just because she wants Ebby to stay settled at home and didn't want to get lonely.

She actually wants ebony.

I'm just going with her because Ebby can't go.

I wish she would love me as much as she loves ebony.

For once I wish I came first.

A/n

Short filler.

How will Ebby cope without Demi??

Will Demi and Evie get along together??