I can't take you with me

Demi POV

"Babies! Come downstairs please!" I shouted at the top of my voice.

Ebony came skipping over to me first and Evie followed a couple of minutes later. I sat them both on the sofa and I sat on the coffee table in front of them.

"Mommy what's wrong" Evie asks me, fear evident in her voice.

"Ok baby girls, I need you to stay calm for me ok"

They both tensed and Ebony tried to get on my lap but I sat her back on the sofa.

"Uppy mommy" she said hold her arms up and opening and closing her hands.

"Wait a minute sweetie, mommy needs to talk"

She sat still but was dying to sit on my knee.

"Alright girls, I'm going on the next part of my tour soon and it starts in Brazil. The thing is, your mama and I have agreed that it would be best if you stayed here with her."

Immediately Ebony burst into tears. I quickly took her in my arms before she could run away. She was thrashing around on my lap and even hit me a couple of times, not purposely, just in the process of her tantrum.

"Oh baby girl shhhhh" I cooed

It wasn't working. She needed the quiet room.

I quickly looked up at Evie. She was frozen. Her face blank and pale. Why on earth didn't I wait for Naya to get back from work before I told them.

"Evie? Sweetheart talk to me"

She shook her head.

"Baby don't shut down. Talk to mummy"

"NO. YOU PROMISED. YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T LEAVE ME" she screamed before getting up and running upstairs. I called after her but of course she wouldn't listen.

I'm worried she's gonna do something stupid but I can't leave Ebby like this. She's a mess. I carry her into the quiet room and sit down with her on top of my body. She's still in tears and wriggling all over the place.

As if things couldn't get any worse my phone began to ring.

I look and notice it's Naya.

D - babe when are you home?

N - I've just left the set why? Demi what's going on? Is Ebby crying?

D - I told the girls

N - what!! Why? I thought we were waiting until I was there

D - I had to. I couldn't keep it in I'm sorry

N - ok I'm on my way don't panic

D - ok I love you

N - I love you too baby

I hung up and turned my attention back to Ebony who was calmer but still hysterically crying. I pulled her body round so she could curl into me. Surprise surprise her hand flew to my chest. I rested her head next to it and on my heart so she could hear it beating.

"Oh sweetheart calm down for me. It's ok" I soothed.

She shook her head against my boobs, letting me know it wasn't ok.

"Please mummy please" she cried.

I knew she was telling me not to leave.

I had no choice. I knew it wouldn't be the best environment for two little girls with bad anxiety as the Brazilian fans are so intense. Lovely and so sweet. But intense