Reunited

Demi POV

"Mum are you sure we can't drive back?"

"Evie, for the millionth time we are getting on the plane"

"But mum I don't like it" she whined.

I got up from my chair in the departure lounge and crouched down in front of my daughter.

"Sweetheart I know you don't like it but it's the quickest way home. It means we don't have to drive all the way back across the country. You sister is sick and I really want to get back to her and your mama" I explained.

"Don't leave me mum" she said as tears began to well up in her eyes

"Oh baby come here"

I lifted her easily and sat back down with her across my lap. Over these last few days she had calmed down a lot but she had still been attached to my hip.

I'm not sure how I'll cope when i get home if her and Ebby are really clingy with me. I've got a feeling Ebony will be because she's got the chickenpox but I'm hoping Evie will relax a lot more and get back to normal.

"It's not a long flight sweetie, I'm going to be there the entire time" I said, attempting to calm her down

She didn't reply but snuggled into me.

We sat silently until our flight was called. The rest of my team stood up to go and get on the plane while I took hold of my shaking daughters hand.

When the plane was up in the air and the seatbelt sign had been turned off Evie once again got herself settled on my lap.

"Are you excited to see Reagan and James baby girl?"

"Yeah"

"And what about mama?"

"I'm always excited to see mama"

"I am too baby. I think she's gonna be a bit stressed and tired though because Ebby's been sick"

"I can imagine, will I get sick mama?"

"I don't know. Have you ever had the chickenpox?"

"I'm not sure. If I have I don't remember" she shrugged

"Well if you get them then we'll just have to look after you as well won't we"

"I don't want to get them though"

"I know sweetie but there's not much we can do about it. We can't really keep you away from Ebby"

"Mum?"

I smiled down expectingly at a nervous looking Evie.

"What's up baba?"

"Can I workout with you when we get home?"

"Oh Evie, I'm not sure that's such a good idea" I admitted

She sighed and nestled into my chest that was covered with a small black boob tube crop top. I wrapped us both up in my oversized cardigan and kissed her forehead.

"Please mum"

"If I say yes I will be monitoring what you're eating very carefully and you're not doing the same level workouts as me."

"Ok thanks mum"

"I'm serious Evie. The second I think it's getting too much for you I'm stopping it and I don't want you working out without being supervised by me or your mama"

"Don't you trust me?" She said, lifting up off my chest to look at me

"It's not that baby I just want to make sure you're alright"