The zoo

Demi POV

"Ok Miss Lovato you legally adopted Ebony therefore she can't just be taken away from you" he informed me. I let out a sigh of relief and felt Naya rub her hand on my knee.

"However, if Ebony's birth mother is serious about wanting her back she can appeal the decision in court"

My heart sank and began beating a lot quicker.

"What are her chances of winning?" Naya asked, realising that I couldn't speak.

"Well considering the reasons Ebony was taken off her in the first place not very good, although she's making claims that she's changed and regrets everything. But, Ebony isn't a baby anymore, social services and the court will take her opinion very seriously. If social services decided Ebony is better off in your care then the case won't even make court."

"How do we prove that she's better off with us?" I nervously asked

"Social services want to watch how Ebony interacts with you compared to how she interacts with her mother. Then they will interview Ebony things will go from there."

"I don't want Ebby alone with her mother" I said firmly

"Don't worry Miss Lovato she won't be, there will be members of social services present at all times and you and your fiancé can be right outside"

"Thank you, when will this be happening?" I asked

"This Thursday"

"Ok thank you very much for this Mr Davies. We really appreciate your help" Naya told him

"Only doing my job Miss Rivera."

At the moment Ebby came running up to me with a piece of paper in her hand.

"Mummy look" she smiled, handing me her drawing

"This is beautiful baby"

"That's you, that's mama, that's Evie and that's me" she said happily as she pointed at each of the multicoloured stick people

"Mummy loves it sweetheart"

She smiled and pulled herself up on my lap. I turned her round so she was facing Mr Davies and I gently bounced her on my knee like she was a little baby. I wanted to keep her as calm as possible in front of the lawyer.

"I can see Ebony is very happy with the both of you and I will be on your side fighting for your family. We won't loose this" he smiled

He stood up to leave so I stood up with Ebby on my hip. Naya and I walked him to the front door and shook his hand before he left.

"How're you feeling?" Naya asked me when the door shut

"A lot better after hearing all that. I mean all me and Ebby have to do is prove how close we are and I'm pretty sure she will tell social services she wants to be with us" I replied with a slight smile on my face

"Babe I wanna do something fun today" Naya randomly said.

"Like what?" I asked as the three of us entered the kitchen.

"How about we go to the zoo?" She suggested

"Yeah mummy the zoo" Ebby screamed in my arms

"Whoa ok baby calm down we can go to the zoo. Why don't you go tell Evie to get ready?"

"Ok mummy" she giggled and jumped down from my arms.

When she ran out of the kitchen Naya and I began to make a picnic for our day at the zoo.