VMA's

Naya POV

A week had past since it was decided that Ebony could stay. The police were doing an investigation into her biological mothers case where she accidentally admitted she wanted Ebony purely to sell her off as a sex slave along with other young girls. Luckily we weren't involved in the case at all but it hasn't stopped Demi from being on edge and getting wound up about it.

Ebony, due to the fact that she was nearly taken away from us has become incredibly clingy to both Demi and myself. It's disappointing as she was making so much progress and gaining a little independence but she's retreated back to her toddler ways again.

I'm trying to be firm with her and continue to treat her like I did before and not baby her as much but Demi is giving in to her. Part of me believes Demi likes babying her and that's why she's going along with it. It's caused a few minor arguments between us but nothing major.

Tonight the VMA's are happening and I've been trying to convince Demi to go but she doesn't want to leave the girls. She has hardly let Ebby out of her sight including at night. She's been in the bed with us which every now and again I don't mind but I would like my fiancé to myself.

"Demi come on Beyoncé is performing. And you're nominated, we have to go" I practically begged her

"I won't win anyway"

"That's not the point though. Beyoncé is performing" I repeated

She laughed at me and returned to folding up Evie's washing.

"Demi it's just one day. The girls will be fine with your mom"

"Naya I don't like leaving them" she said as she folded another shirt and placed it on the pile

"You can be with the girls this morning and you'll be back home with them before we go to bed. Plus you have that gorgeous red dress picked out that I'm absolutely dying to see you in"

"Ok ok we'll go. But I'm getting ready here and I'm not going to the after party"

"Thank you baby. Tell your team we're getting ready here and don't forget to call your mom" I smiled

"You're lucky I love you Rivera" she grinned

I wrapped my arms around her and she rested her head in my neck. I placed lots of kisses on her forehead making her laugh.

"You must really want to watch Beyoncé" she added

"Nahhh I just wanna get you in that red dress." I said as I turned her around so she was facing away from me. My arms snaked around her waist and I leant down to nibble on her ear, making her sink into my body.

"Then I want to get you out of it" I whispered down her ear

"Hmmm I better make some calls then. Better make myself look beautiful for my girl" she said with a low voice

"You don't need to try, you're beautiful 24/7"

"I love you Naya" she said, turning round to kiss me.

Before I could reply we were interrupted by Ebby's cries.

"Duty calls, somebody's woken up" Demi sighed before exiting the laundry room.

I smiled to myself for a moment as I thought about spending today with Demi. I hoped she'd be able to relax away from the girls.

Demi POV

"What's all this crying for baby girl?" I said as I entered mine and Naya's bedroom.

Ebby sat up in the middle of the bed with messy morning hair and tears running down her face.