Preference No.6

YOUR CHILD CATCHES YOU

A/N - this title sounds really sexual but I don't write smut so if that's what you were looking for, look elsewhere you dirty minded fangirl 😉💕

CALUM - kissing another band member

You'd just had a falling out with your husband, Calum, so you decided to invite Luke over whilst he wasn't in.

Luke being Luke, decided to get you drunk because he knew it would be funnier and you'd tell him more.

It got to 7pm and you were only a little bit tipsy, with still no sign of Calum. He was probably staying at his parents house until he cooked down. He'd done that before.

Your 5 year old daughter walked into the living room where you and Luke were and asked if she could be read a bedtime story. You agreed, of course and went to put her to bed.

-half an hour later-

Your daughter was fast asleep so you crept back to the living room to find Luke, drunker than when you left him. Luke was a 'cuddly' drunk and patted the space right next to him, waiting for you to sit down.

You carried on drinking until about 10pm and the level at which you spoke got louder and louder.

As you were pouring your heart out to Luke about Calum and he was listening, you suddenly had an overwhelming urge to kiss him.

"Luke?" You asked. "Now that you know almost everything that's husband does about me, I'm sure you won't mind if I do this."

You then drunkenly pulled one leg over Luke's waist and kissed him. At first he was shocked, but then kissed you back passionately.

Who knows how far it could have gone if your daughter hadn't interrupted you with a simple
"mummy? Uncle Luke? What are you doing?"

You jumped off Luke's lap and sat on the other end of the sofa.

"Nothing, baby. I was just giving Luke a hug because he's been very helpful. Ok? Now you get back to bed."

That was close. You lent back against the sofa and Luke got up to leave, without saying a word. What had you done!?

ASHTON- crying

You had just received a phone call from your dad's nursing home that he had passed away last night.

Your dad was only 65 but he had been ill since you were 17, ten years ago.

You were sitting in your room, sobbing your heart out with Ashton's warm arms around your waist, rocking you softly.

You couldn't stop crying and there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. Even Ashton.

It was only about 10am but you already knew you would be crying all day.

Ashton hated seeing you like this, and he had known your dad before he was ill too, seem as the two of you had been together since you were 15. He had grown incredibly close to your dad and you could hear the tears in his voice as he tried to comfort you.

Eventually, he gave in to a loud sob and the two of you sat, crying your eyes out on your shared bed.

It was at the moment that your daughter walked in. She was 8 and the reason you and Ashton smiled everyday. She had a puzzled look on her face.

Ashton knew he couldn't let his own daughter see him cry so he dried his eyes and put on a fake smile.

"Hey sweetie!" He said, over-happily.

"Daddy, it's ok to cry. I heard what happened. I've been outside your door for five minutes. Why did granddad have to die?" She started, but soon she was crying too.

"Aww, darling..." you whispered as you got off the bed to pick her up and hold her tight.
Ashton had stopped crying and you felt obliged to dry your eyes as crying was only going to make your daughter feel worse.

"It's going to be ok. I promise." Ashton murmured as he engulfed the two of you in a warm hug.

Somehow, you knew everything was going to be alright.

LUKE - in the bath together.

Luke had just got home from a three month tour and, as was tradition, you decided to have a bath together. .

It got to midnight by the time your 15 year old son went to bed and Luke looked at you and went to start running the bath.

Twenty minutes later, he came down the stairs wearing nothing but a towel round his waist.

"Ready when you are!" He said and ran back up the stairs.

You got off the couch and went up to your room, where you got undressed and slipped on your towelling robe before tiptoeing across the landing into the bathroom.

The bathroom was pitch black, save for a few scented candles dotted around and the one ray of moonlight coming in through the window.

You could make out Luke in the bath, only his head and neck showing. His head was against the side of the bath and his eyes were closed, he was obviously very tired.

You slipped off your robe and joined him in the bath. Without evening opening his eyes, he wrapped an arm around you and you did the same to him.

"Are we too old to do this now?" Luke murmured.

You snorted. "You're 37 and I'm 35. We're not that old, are we!?"

"I guess not." He replied. "And I'm not giving up my time with you in a million years."

You kissed his chest, where your head was rested.

"I missed you baby." He said in a sleepy voice after a few more seconds of silence.

"I missed you too."

Luke almost fell asleep at that point until the main light turned on and you heard a yell.

"OH MY GOD. MUM. DAD. PLEASE TELL ME I'M DREAMING SOME HORRIFIC NIGHTMARE. I'M NOT LOOKING, I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING, AND IN A MINUTE I'LL WAKE UP AND IT'LL ALL BE OK"

You grabbed Luke in fright as you realised your son had obviously come in here to use the bathroom, and the sight he saw wasn't one he was accustomed to.

"bloody hell." Luke groaned. "Look, y/sons/n, just get out and get over it. Use the downstairs bathroom. We're busy."

"I'm gonna throw..." Your son muttered as he turned around and walked out the room.

"well that was a mood killer.." you chuckled and Luke smiled at you.

"You're bloody mental y/n, you know that??"

"Yup." You grinned. "Now carry me to bed. I'm shattered."

Luke kissed your hair and started to drain the bath water, a cute little smile still on his face. You were so glad to have him back.

MICHAEL - fighting

"I'M BLOODY SICK OF IT MICHAEL!" You screamed as you fought back tears.

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE Y/N. IT'S OUR FOURTH ALBUM. RUMOUR HAS IT IF THIS IS GOOD WE'RE IN THE RUNNINGS FOR A GRAMMY. I CAN'T JUST GIVE UP ON IT!"

"I NEVER SAID YOU HAD TO GIVE UP. I SAID IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD ACTUALLY SPEND MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES A DAY WITH OUR CHILDREN! THEY PRACTICALLY DON'T HAVE A DAD ANYMORE!"

Michael's greeny blue eyes flashed at first with hurt, but then with anger.

"what about me? y/n. what about me." he snarled. "How do you think I feel. How am I supposed to react. I hate not being able to see them. Maybe if you weren't so damn SELF ABSORBED YOU'D BE ABLE TO SEE THAT!!"

He flung open the kitchen door, which is where you were standing, to find your two 3 year old twins, Amber and Jack, standing outside the door with their hands over their ears.

"God! You two! How long have you been here?? And why are you up? It's late!" He picked them both up in his arms and looked at them, a fake smile on his face.

"We couldn't sleep because you and mummy were shouting. We were going to ask you to be quiet but we were too scared to talk to you..."

Amber let out a little yawn.

"Ok." You butted in. "Michael, take the twins to bed and meet me in the living room in five minutes ok?"

Michael nodded and true to his word, met you five minutes later in the living room.

He sat on the opposite side of the couch to you and that action alone was enough to make you put your head in your hands. You tried as best you could to fight back tears before you looked directly at him.

"What's gone wrong Mike?? Less than a year ago, I was the happiest I've ever been. And now, now I'm scaring my own children. You're right. I am self absorbed. I don't deserve you. I can't do this anymore. Goodbye Michael."

You stood up to leave and Michael didn't say anything. It wasn't until you reached the front door you felt a hand on your shoulder. You were spun round and came face to face with Michael.

"You can't leave baby. I can't live without you. I appreciate the band is taking over my life, and I'm going to talk to the boys about it. If it's you or the band I'm choosing you, I promise. Come back and I'll make it up to you. I'm sorry about what I said. I didn't mean it. I love you."

Through the tears you were now both shedding, you kissed him softly for the first time in weeks, and you couldn't have felt better.