No.31- Ashton

For the bae - lucyhemmo 😍

Your phone buzzed from your bedside table and you smiled as you saw go the message was from. You unlocked your phone and read the message, grinning as you did so.

FROM- Ashton
MESSAGE- hey baby :) all the relatives are out but I've been dumped with six hyperactive children. Come and help me babysit? It'll be fun. I hope. There's Lauren, Harry, four of my cousins and me. Along with my 17 year old cousin. He's helping. Come save me! Love you xx

You didn't bother replying before you turned off the music playing through your speakers, grabbed your keys and purse and walked out the door into your car.

The drive to Ashton's took about twenty minutes and you knocked on the door as you arrived. The door opened and you were greeted by a girl who looked about three opening the door and being rugby tackled from behind by another girl who looked about six.

Then you saw another guy, who looked about 17. Must be Ashton's cousin. You guessed the attractive genes ran in the family, because he was pretty cute!

You looked up at him and saw him staring at you already.
"David." He said, holding out his hand.

"Lucy," you replied, shaking his hand warmly. "I'm Ashton's girlfriend."

His face dropped. "Oh, uh, well, uh, if things don't work out, then I'm, uh, here."

"Thanks, David." You heard Ashton's voice. "But she's all mine."

He walked up to you and kissed you passionately. You loved it when Ashton got protective.

Ashton pulled away and ran his fingers through his hair.

"It's been twenty minutes and I'm already dying. David's only here for five more minutes then he's going out, so we'll be alone... OK GUYS HEAD COUNT THEN WE CAN GO OUTSIDE WITH LUCY!"

Your saw a row of eager faces line up in front of Ashton, all smiling toothless grins. Lauren looked the oldest, she was 11.

"Ok..." Ashton breathed. "Lauren, Harry, Ella, Darcy, Jamie, Tom. Great!! Lets go!"

You took Ashton's hand and walked out into the garden, the six children running on ahead. Immediately, they were climbing trees, running around and doing cartwheels. You could only dream of having that much energy.

Ashton turned to face you again.

"Hey Luce, I need your help until 6, but I have a few ideas. I found some ancient games from when I was tiny, we could just set them up with those for a few hours."

"Sounds great." You smiled. You could never stop smiling around Ashton.

Suddenly, you heard a yell from one of the bushes. Then you heard a few shouts before Ella, who was te girl of six, came running up to you.

"Ash? Lucy? Darcy just fell out a tree and she's cut her leg and it's bleeding. It's gross and she's crying."

Ashton looked at you, then at Ella and sighed.

"Ella? Go inside with Lucy and show her where the plasters are. Luce, just get some cold water tissues and a plaster for me? Thanks."

Ashton called everyone inside and sprinted off to find Darcy.

-- ten minutes later --

"You're so brave Darcy!" You said to the little girl sitting on the kitchen work top. "Good girl! Now Ashton's got you some chocolate, then we're going to play some games, ok? No more outside."

Darcy nodded through her teary eyes and prodded the plaster that covered a large part of her thigh.

"Don't touch darling, it'll make it worse." You warned her before you heard your phone buzz in your pocket. You had a new mention on twitter.

"@ashton5sos; first aid service with @YTN. Call the ambulance !! 🚑"

You smiled at Ashton across the room and he smiled back.

For the rest of the day, you spent time with Ashton and his adorable family and you couldn't have felt more privileged to know them.