No.29- Ashton

Another one for BenedictBoo ✌

"You have to tell him how you fell Shelby!" Your best friend nagged you for the hundredth time.

"It's not that simple. We've been friends for like 7 years. I can't just spring it on him! Besides, he has a girlfriend."

You were sitting in your room on a Saturday night with your best friend. your other best friend, Ashton was supposed to be here ten minutes ago, but only just texted you saying he was out with his girlfriend and would be late. You had the biggest crush on Ashton and it hurt a lot he put her before you.

"Shelby, they're never gonna last. She's the biggest slut in school. I give them a week."

It was at that moment that you heard your front door slam and you heard Ashton call your name.

"Up here!! You ok Ash?"

You heard him sprint up the stairs and he barged into your room.

Your best friend let out and audible gasp as she saw him. His left eye was purple and swollen, and it was evident he'd been crying.

"Ash!" You screamed. "You need ice on that! You can explain later, but come with me."

You grabbed his hand and yanked him into the kitchen, where you pulled an ice pack and held it against his eye.

"Who did this to you Ash?" You demanded. "And I can read you like a book, so don't bother lying."

Ashton simply shook his head, refusing to talk.

"ASHTON FLETCHER IRWIN. TELL ME!" You shouted. "COS I'M GONNA GET THEM AND BEAT THEM. NO ONE DOES THIS TO MY BEST FRIEND."

"Calm down, Shell. It was, it was Ellie's boyfriend. That's all there is to it."

"YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S BOYFRIEND!? Please explain."

Ashton took the ice pack out of your hands and threw it to the floor.

"She was cheating on him. She lied to me, told me she was single. And then, well..."

"Well what!?" You persisted.

"I told her, I had feelings for someone else and he appeared out of nowhere and that's where this black eye came from..."

Your heart felt like it had been stabbed. Your all time crush had been hurt, but he had feelings for another girl too!?

"Who, who is this girl?" You asked.

"Well, I've know this girl for a while. She's got dirty blonde hair, and the most gorgeous eyes. You might know her actually. She's called Shelby."

You looked at him in disbelief and he bit his lip nervously.

"Oh, I think I've heard of her..." You joked before gently kissing him.

He kissed back and suddenly, you felt as if you'd finally been moved out of the friendzone.