No.90- Ashton

For Kaylee

"It's over."

The two words that had haunted your dreams for the past two months. Why couldn't things ever go right for you, why did the things you love have to leave you? it seemed to make no sense.

You'd pleaded and tried with Ashton, but his mind seemed to have been made up. He wanted to break up with you, even though he said there was no reason worth telling. With that he left.

The disaster played over and over again in your mind as you lay awake at 2am one night, missing Ashton more than ever and suddenly, curiosity overcame anxiety. You picked up your phone and composed a new message to Ashton.

To- Ash 🙈
Message - tell me why. it's 2am and i can't sleep bc i'm thinking of you. we were so close then u let me go as if i was nothing. how is that ok? tell me why, ashton. please.

you put your phone down beside you and collapsed in exhaustion against the pillows. Just as you were drifting off to what would be a restless sleep, your phone buzzed beside you. Of course, you scrambled to read the message.

From- Ash 🙈
Message- kaylee, I let you go because I love you. It's not fair to you that I can't treat you right all the time, with the band and stuff. I'm driving through the middle of nowhere right now, trying to be alone with my thoughts so I can figure out what i'm supposed to do. But the truth is, without you i'm nothing. And i'm sorry. But I need to know that you're happy with someone who can love you better than I ever will. And that's why I had to leave you. So this is it for us. Goodbye Kaylee, I love you.

You read Ashton's message with tears in your eyes. You needed him now and you needed him more than ever.

To- Ash 🙈
Message- come to my flat and let yourself in with the spare key I gave you. Now.

The message came up as 'read at 2.27am' so you hoped he would be on his way.

After what seemed like forever, you and Ashton were sitting on the couch together. You broke the painful silence and started to talk.

"You're the only one for me Ash. It means nothing to me that there might be someone else who's better for me. I don't want them. All I really want is you. I don't think I can survive without you any longer"

"So, you're asking me to take you back?" Ashton questioned, moving slightly closer to you.

"I don't even know." You confessed, breaking into a fit of sobbing at the last minute.

"It's ok!" Ashton murmured as he instinctively wrapped his arms around you. "We'll talk this through tomorrow, but just sleep for now, ok?"

He picked you up and carried you to bed. As he placed you down, you dragged him by his sleeve so he fell onto the bed next to you.

"Stay." You murmured, before falling into a deep sleep as he gently kissed your cheek.