No.66- Ashton

For Olivia

"You ready for this?" Your fiancé, Ashton asked as you lay in your hotel bedroom at 2am, both wide awake and staring at the ceiling. It was the night before your wedding.

"As I'll ever be. How are we going to go back home afterwards?" Your voice broke as you spoke. Your nerves were 110% wracked.

Ashton sensed your fear and grabbed your hand in the darkness.

"It'll be okay babe. I promise. I know they might be mad seeing as no one but us knows this is happening but they'll be okay with it in the end. I swear to you."

Your parents never approved of Ashton, and refused to bless the marriage when he proposed, even though you'd been dating for four years. After many desperate attempts, you decided to get married in secret whilst on holiday in Morocco. It was a risky thing to do, but it was worth it to be with the man you loved.

"Ashton?"

"Yes babe?"

"I love you."

Before he could even reply you were fast asleep in his arms.

-- the next day --

You and Ash had taken a cab to the venue you were getting married in. The pair of you had decided you didn't want it to be formal at all, so he was wearing a white polo shirt with his black ripped jeans and you wore a sleeveless white cotton maxi dress with a flower in your hair. Ashton couldn't stop saying how beautiful you looked, and for once you believed him. Your stomach was filled with butterflies, but the good kind. You were elated.

The cab stopped and you generously paid the driver before bundling out and walking into the sweet-but-strange registry office where you would take your vows.

The entire process went smoothly; a bellboy from the hotel next door turned out to become your witness and Ashton held your hand throughout the proceedings.

After you had become an official and happily married couple, Ashton took you to a beachside restaurant. The sun was setting over the Moroccan sea and you couldn't help but look at your beautiful wedding ring that reflected all the light rays in different directions.

"You look stunning Olivia." Ashton told you again. "How did I get so lucky?"

You blushed furiously and looked down into your food. "It's been five years but I can't answer that." You replied. "All I know is I'm even more in love with you than I thought."

"God. You're so perfect. I can't believe you're finally mine..." Ashton breathed as he walked to you and wrapped you in his arms, kissing you as the fat, red sun slipped behind the horizon.