No.45- Michael

For my babe Celia <3

"Hello Michael!" Your mum greeted your boyfriend with a smile.

You were lying on the couch in the lounge with your baby sister, Daisy, in your flat. Your mum was about to go out with her boyfriend and had kindly elected you to babysit your three year old sister. Obviously, you had asked to have Michael over and she reluctantly said yes.

Michael greeted your mum politely and walked with her into the living room.

"Michaaaelll!!" You greeted him, getting off the couch to give him a kiss.

"Hey babe." Michael said into your hair as he kissed the crown of your head.

Your mum's boyfriend coughed and you spun round to face him.

"Right. It's 7pm now. We should be back by midnight and Daisy should be in bed in about forty five minutes. Latest. "

"Yes sir." Michael nodded sincerely, opening the door to let them walk out.
"Have a great evening" he smiled, closing the door behind them.

"Have a great evening" you mimicked him, laughing.

"Oh shut up." He retorted, wrapping his arms round you and kissing you again, this time a little more passionately.

"What do you want to do?" You muttered into his chest. "I mean, we just have to sit and be bored until Daisy goes to bed but after that I mean... actually no wait Waterloo Road is on tonight you're watching that with me."

"Really?" He groaned.

"Do you love me?" You asked sweetly.

"Of course"

"Then you'll watch it with me. And I love you too!" You giggled.

Michael simply grunted and flopped onto the couch, picking up the remote and flicking through all the channels as you came and sat on his lap. He put his head over your shoulder but didn't look away from the TV.

"Babe but football's on at the same time as your Waterloo Station thing..."

"Waterloo Road." You corrected him. "And tough. You can watch it later."

Michael sighed as you turned back to kiss his cheek.

"Aw, look at Daisy." Michael said, looking over at the little toddler who's picture book was now covering her face.

"Can you carry her to bed?" You asked, "I'm exhausted."

Michael sighed another heavy sigh. "I didn't realise babysitting meant babysitting you as well!! But fine, because I love you."

You beamed at him as he gently picked up Daisy and held her, treading slowly and softly out the room, as if he was carrying the Crown Jewels.

Michael disappeared for a few minutes and came back with a huge smile on his face.

"I didn't wake her up!" He grinned. "I actually managed to do good with a kid!"

You couldn't help but smile back as you moved up on the couch to let Michael snuggle up next to you.

Finally, he stopped whining and you turned on Waterloo Road, watching every second whilst Michael just started at you whilst you spooned on the sofa. You could feel his hot breath on your cheek and sense the butterfly kisses he left just below your jawline.

It got to around midnight and Michael was fast asleep, as you could tell from his light snores in your ear. You heard your mum walk in the front door and shut your eyes, pretending to sleep.

She walked up to you and kissed your head and you could sense her put her hand to Michael's hair for about a second. Because Michael was an only child, he spent a lot of time at yours and your mum counts him as one your family

Your mum left the room and it was a matter of seconds before your were feet asleep in Michael's arms
Life was great when you were with him.