No.56-Ashton

For Alex :*

*this is out season I know but this whole idea seems cute so go with it okay 🌚*

"Alex!! Hurry up!! We're going to be late!!"

Your mum called up the stairs as you shoved on your white Doc Martens and a beanie and basically fell down the stairs.

You, your sister and your mum were on the way to you neighbours bonfire party and you wanted to make a good impression on your neighbour. He was Ashton, your typical musician, popular kid, way out of your league.

You and Ashton had been friends when you were little but since high school, you kind of grew apart. It still saddened you. He was a really cool guy.

"Alex you're going to freeze wearing only that hoodie." Your mum stated.

You were wearing your Pierce the Veil tour hoodie. Sure, it wasn't that warm but it looked amazing and you weren't putting some awful coat on. You simply shrugged off your mum's comment.

After a short walk to Ashton's, you arrived and immediately got your phone out and stood in a corner. As much as you wanted to talk to Ashton, more and more of his popular friends from your year turned and you felt far too intimated to go up to him.

The night was really enjoyable. You stood with Ashton for a bit as you handed out sparklers to little kids and admired how good he was with children, as well as eating enough soup to drive you to obesity. You did a fair bit if admiring Ashton from the other side of the room as well, looking away whenever he looked at you.

Just as all the guests had left and you were just getting up to go, Ashton crept up from behind you and put an arm around your shoulders, making you turn round to face him. He was smirking at you with his dimples completely visible. They were deeper than black holes.

"Ashton?" You asked, perplexed.

"Alex?" He replied, mimicking your tone. "You were staring at me all night. You ok?"

You blushed deeply and diverted your eyes back to the floor, but you felt his long finger reach under your chin and tilt your head back up to his.

"Alex?" He asked, still smiling. "Why haven't you talked to me all night, just stared from the corner? You're still as beautiful as primary school"

Ashton Irwin was telling you this??

"Who put you up to this?" You asked sceptically.

"No one!" He replied truthfully. "I just wanted to say hi, talk, and do this."

With that, Ashton leant down and kissed you softly on the lips. One million sparks exploded inside of you. After kissing back for a few seconds, you pulled away, smiling.

"I had to do that at least once.." Ashton confessed, scratching the back of his neck.

"Really, it's ok.." You laughed, pressing your lips back to his again.