No.70- Calum

For Megan 💕

"Megan? hey. It's Calum."

"I know it's you, idiot. Anyway, what were you saying?"

"You know our date tonight? Uuh, there's a small problem."

"A problem like...?" You asked down the phone, slightly concerned.

"A problem like my niece. She's kinda here, and I'm kinda babysitting so I kinda had to postpone our reservation at the restaurant and I'm kinda terrified you'll hate me for this."

You laughed. "It's okay Cal. Really. Why don't I just come round and hang out with the two of you?"

"You're, you're not mad?" He asked, warily.

"No, I'm not. I promise. I'll see you in ten. Love you!!"

"Love you too!"

You hung up and quickly changed into your jeans and big hoodie before running to catch the next bus to your boyfriend's house.

When you arrived, you invited yourself in to find Calum watching PopGirl with his niece. They looked absolutely adorable. She was half asleep and sitting on his lap. Calum was playing with her hair and watching the TV to make her happy.

"Cal?" You whispered, not wanting to arouse the sleepy toddler.

"Meg!" Calum whisper-shouted. He stood up and walked over to kiss you, balancing his niece on his hip.

"Hey baby." You murmured, pecking his lips multiple times. "This is your niece Emma then, I guess?"

"You guessed it." He sighed. "She's basically asleep now, so I'll just go put her in bed. Make yourself at home."

As Calum walked up the stairs to put the drowsy kid in his spare room, curiosity got the better of you and you crept up the stairs a few paces behind him. You waited on the landing, listening through the door intently as he laid her to sleep. You could just hear him singing gently to her, and the sound of him kissing her forehead. After a few minutes, the sound of his footsteps got closer to the door so you sprinted back down the stairs and flung yourself on the sofa. You were completely struck by how cute Calum was with kids. You didn't think any guy could be that attractive - ever!!

"What the hell?" Calum laughed as came back downstairs to find you, out of breath on the couch watching PopGirl as you hadn't thought to change the channel.

"Intense TV babe, gripping.." You laughed sarcastically. "Now come over here and give me a hug."

You spent the rest of the night on the couch, cuddling with Calum. You were only young, but you knew you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him. He really was perfect.

I AM SO SO SORRY
WATTPAD HAS BEEN MESSING UP AND IVE HAD WRITERS BLOCK FOR DAYS SO THIS TOOK AGES
I didn't want to write with block and produce something crap so I hope this is okay.

Also, I've got 77K+. Like what? How!? ThANk yOu!!!