No.50- Luke

For Julz :) 🌸

You kept your head down and battled your way through the school corridor, avoiding eye contact and talking to anyone.

Your one friend was off sick, leaving you to fend for yourself in the vile environment that was high school.

Suddenly, you heard the Popular Crowd approach. You could tell by the falsetto fake-giggles and the sound of some poor guy's face being sucked off him by his girlfriend.

Stepping to get out of the way of the Queen Bee and her boyfriend, you collided with another kid who you presumed was with them. Your books fell to the floor and you looked up to see a really really tall boy who looked about your age. He had sparkling blue eyes and naturally blonde hair styled into a quiff. He was beautiful.

"S-s-sorry." You stuttered, scrambling to pick up your books and get out the way.

"Not at all" he replied, smiling.
To your surprise, he leant down and helped you pick up your textbooks. The rest of his friends had long since disappeared but he didn't seem to care. He handed you all your books and you both stood up.

"So.." He murmured, looking at his feet. "I'm Luke."

"Julz." You replied, grinning. You made eye contact with him and immediately remembered he was way out of your league and you should leave him. There was no point forming any kind of attachment with him; he was cool, attractive and popular whereas you? You were pretty much the opposite.

"Well I'll catch you round.." You muttered, spinning round and walking off as fast as possible, flustered.

"Julz!" He yelled.

You turned around and saw him sheepishly grinning at you.

"I-uh. I really like you. Would you maybe like to go on a date with me sometime? I mean, it's ok if you say no, like you probably don't want t-"

"Yes." You beamed, handing him your phone. "So what's your number?"