No.76- Michael

For Olivia. 💕

"Liv. Olivia. Oollliiivviiiaaaaa! OLIVIA!!!" Your fiancé Michael shook you quickly in an attempt to wake you up.

"What!?" You grumbled, rolling over to come face to face with him.

"It's Valentine's day. We have couple-ish things to do! you have to get up now because the oven might catch fire if you don't..." Michael trailed off. He was like an excitable puppy- you'd never seen him so full of energy at 9am before!! He kissed you lightly on the cheek and jumped off the bed, running down the stairs.

You rolled out of bed and slipped on one of Michael's shirts that was lying on your floor before making your way down the stairs.

Just as you reached the kitchen door, you were overcome by an overwhelming stench of smoke. The fire alarm started to go off and you entered the kitchen to find Michael batting it frantically with a wet cloth amid great streams of smoke.

"Michael!" you screamed, laughing hysterically.

He didn't even hear you. As he opened all the windows in the kitchen and unscrewed the fire alarm with a string of colourful words falling from his mouth, you watched from the doorway, trying to stifle your laughter.

Finally, once all the commotion had died down, he glanced over in your direction and saw you standing there. He stepped back in shock and you simply threw your head back and laughed. He looked at you sheepishly.

"I was making you pancakes..." he confessed. "But they might be a little bit burnt..."

Michael took the charred tray out the oven, revealing a stack of blackened, smoking pancakes. He put them in the bin and looked at you with puppydog eyes as you laughed at him.

"Well." You started. "The house smells and the oven's too hot to even use. Where do you suggest we go?"

"I kind of knew this was gonna happen" Michael admitted. "I've got everything planned out. Go get changed and I'll take you out."

You ran upstairs and slipped into a cardigan, jeans and converse before running downstairs again. The two of you made your way into town, walking hand in hand.

Michael took you to your favourite ever coffee shop to have breakfast and you stayed, chatting and laughing for a while until he changed the topic of conversation completely.

"Olivia. Should we go to the zoo? I totally think we should."

"Seriously?" you laughed. "You're going to stay five in the brain forever, aren't you babe?"

"Yup." he grinned. Now let's go!"

Michael placed at £20 note on the table and walked straight out, not even waiting for change. He hailed down a taxi and directed it to your local zoo before you even had time to object.

As predicted, you had the most amazing time at the zoo. Michael made you cry with laughter but also made you feel loved and special as he knew how much valentines day meant to you.

You stayed at the zoo until it was almost dark before getting another taxi home. As it pulled closer to your house, you could feel your eyelids drooping. Today had been eventful, fun and downright exhausting.

You rested you head on Michael's shoulder and must have fallen asleep because the next thing you remember is waking up in bed, next to your beautiful fiancé, never having felt so blessed in your whole life.