No.62- Ashton

For Alex 👾

"You really are a white girl, aren't you?" You joked as you watched your date for today, Ashton, try and find the best angle to photograph his skinny latte.

Once he was happy with the photo, he put down his phone and grinned at you.

"Yup!"

You both took sips of your drinks and looked into each other's eyes momentarily before he broke the contact and put his drink down.

"So how was school?" he asked and you made a face. Less said about school the better.

"Oh okay, I get it." Ashton laughed, reading your expression clearly. "What about life in general? How've you been this week?"

You sighed. "Tired, stressed. But how's the band?"

"Yeah, we're good. Just putting the final touches on our album at the moment, so it's very exciting!"

"You'll have to take me to the studio to hear it soon, I've never really become obsessed with a band before, you guys could be my new thing!!" You laughed.
Ashton was such a nice person, you felt so at ease around him!!

"Never been obsessed with a band!? How did you spend your entire teenager-hood!?"
Ashton seemed absolutely mortified by your reply, but he was laughing too.

"Outside? With friends? trying to be emo on MySpace? Was I supposed to be obsessed with music!" you were on the verge of a laughing fit right now and your voices were rising all the time, causing the customers to stare disapprovingly.

"Outside?" Ashton practically yelled, giggling in that adorable way. "Alex. You're coming with me and I am going to play you about seventy different bands to make up for an entire era of your life that you seemed to have missed for being 'outside'."

Ashton stood up and grabbed your hand. You had one last sip of your drink and stood up too. The pair of you ran to his car and spent the next three hours in his bedroom listening to music, laughing and joking around.

At around 8pm, he drove you home as you cradled the pile of CDs he'd given you to download. You were listening to Mayday Parade through his stereo with your hand on your leg when he grabbed it and held it tight. You were surprised, but in a good way!

The car pulled up in your driveway and you turned to face Ashton.

"ash? Today has been absolutely amazing. Thank you so much. See you soon okay?"

"No problem Alex, and yes. Soon."

He leant over and kissed you quickly. You pulled away, smiling, and jumped out the car.

"Bye Ashton!!" You called as he drove away. You'd fallen for him, and you'd fallen fast.