No.88- Ashton

For Abigail 💁

"So this is the final time we're trying this?" your husband Ashton asked as you drove along the highway towards the hospital.

"Final time." You replied, drumming your fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the music but keeping your eyes firmly fixed on the road.

"Third time lucky." He added. "i'm sure this'll be it. I can feel it."

You and Ashton had been trying for a baby for almost a year now, with only painful results.

As a last resort, you had gone to look for medical advice but you'd both decided this was the final time you were going to try for a baby. You couldn't keep suffering heartache in this way.

As you walked into the cold and uninviting building, Ashton grabbed your hand tightly. He was just as nervous as you. And who could blame him?

You walked up to the reception desk where a young receptionist looked at you curiously.

"Name?" she muttered, picking her fake acrylic nails.

"Mr. and Mrs. Irwin." He replied. "Here to see Dr. Morris?"

"Right this way." She mustered up a fake smile and lead you in the direction of the Pregnancy Clinic.

----

Your heart was pounding inside your chest as you gave the test to the smiling doctor. He directed you to the waiting room where you found Ashton, sitting on his phone and running his fingers through his hair.

"It'll be 5 minutes." You smiled weakly as he pulled you down to sit on his lap.

"Keep smiling Abigail. Whatever the outcome. Please?" he begged, tucking his head into the crook of your neck, making you giggle.

"Fine! fine! just get off my neck!" You laughed, pushing him away.

"You're weird." He huffed, placing his chin on your shoulder.

"You love me." You retorted, grinning.

"True!" he giggled, kissing your cheek.

You were snapped back into reality by the doctor clearing his throat. Immediately, the pair of you stood up and clasped ahold of each other's hands. This was the moment of truth.

"Well." He sighed. "It's good news. You're pregnant!"

You and Ashton simply looked at each other in shock before you threw yourself into his arms.

"It worked Ash!!" you screamed, tears pouring down your face.

"You're pregnant!!" he replied, burying his face in your hair, disguising the few happy tears that were starting to fall.

You both managed to compose yourselves enough to thank the doctor and make your way out of the hospital. However, as soon as the automatic doors had shut behind you and you were in the safety of the car you burst into tears.

"You're a dad Ash!!" you sobbed, hugging him tightly.

"Hey, hey, hey..." he hushed you as you continued to grip onto him. "Don't cry. This is everything we've dreamt of, and I promise i'll make it even better than you imagined. You have my word."

"I just, I just love you. Okay?" You managed to stutter, kissing him passionately.

"I love you more Abigail." He murmured into your lips before kissing you back.