No.59-Luke

For Lexi 😊

You slipped on the dress that you were planning to wear on the date Luke was taking you on tonight and curled your hair.

You checked yourself out in the mirror one last time and walked out your bedroom, turning of the light but crashing into your boyfriend Luke. He took a step back, startled.

"Lexi! Wow! That dress is a little..."

"A little what?" You asked, wrapping your arms around his shoulders, but he pushed you off.

"A little tight?! I mean it hugs you in all the right places, but some others too. Just my opinion!" He laughed as if to make it better but it was too late. You were truly offended.

You shoved his chest so he stumbled back and you slammed your bedroom door in his face. You threw yourself down on the bed and burst into tears.

You weren't the skinniest of girls, and that upset you sometimes. Luke always said he loved how you looked and wouldn't change you for the world but then, now and again he'd make remarks like this that left you in a terrible mood all week.

You continued to sob into your pillow for a few minutes until you heard the door open quietly and Luke came and sat on the end of your bed, guitar in hand. He knew he made you feel better about anything when he sang to you.

He played one chord and you immediately knew what he was going to play. The one song he played every single time he knew he'd done something wrong.

He started to sing and, as much as you wanted to hate it, you sat up and listened to him sing, drying your tears on your sleeves.

"I've been thinking lately, about you and me. All the questions left unanswered, how it all could be. And I hope you know, you never left my head, and if I ever let you down, I'm sorry."

His angelic voice filled the room and as soon as he was finished, he looked at you with a weak smile.

"Lex. I am so super sorry that I made you cry and I swear on my guitar's life that I will never be horrible again. I just hate you wearing tight things because then other guys can get the wrong idea. And you're all mine. No one else's. Because I love you."

As Luke finished apologising, your crashed your lips to his and kissed him. You couldn't stay mad at him for long. He was too perfect.