No.52- Calum

For Sophie 🍪

Calum had been on tour two months and you wanted to surprise him for his birthday.

His tweets, calls and texts made it really obvious how much he missed you and when you asked him what he wanted for a gift, all he'd say was "I want you, Sophie."

You had been dating Calum for one year, you started off as university flat mates but were now the closest couple there could be.

Your flat was in Sydney and for his birthday you were flying out to visit him in LA. You had been saving for the flight for ages. The reason you were going? To throw a surprise party for him.

All the others boys were in on your master plan, and Luke had decided to take control of the entire operation. He was making sure Calum knew absolutely nothing.

The day before his birthday, you boarded the 14 hour flight to LA. The noise of the plane was muffled by your headphones and you managed to sleep overnight for a few hours until the plane landed safely at LAX.

Ashton met you from the back exits as he couldn't risk any fans seeing him and ruining the surprise for Calum.

"Hey Sophie!" He greeted you with a massive hug. "All of us have missed you so so much! Calum especially though, he's so not the same without you."

"I can assure you the feeling is mutual" you smiled, glad to be with the boys again.

As you got back to the boys' tour bus, which was parked up outside an arena, Ashton had to go and send Calum out with Luke for some "bonding time". As Ashton hurried you into the bus he assured you of how great the plan was.

After greeting Michael and falling asleep in the back lounge for a bit to cope with the long evening you had ahead, the the three of you started to pin up all the decorations around the bus.

You shamelessly blasted out One Direction as you hung streamers, balloons and bunting around the bus. Then you set the table for five, seeing as you'd rung Pizza Hut and ordered just the right amount of food so you could eat with the boys.

As you hung up the last streamer, your phone buzzed. Luke had texted you saying he'd be home any minute, so you and Michael set about on the final bit of your master surprise.

Michael had recently bought a new amp to take back home and it came in a massive box. He had wrapped it (pretty badly) in paper and demanded you climb in it to wait for Calum. You obliged, giggling as he helped you into the giant cardboard space.

After five minutes of squatting in the dark box that was placed in the bedroom of the bus, you heard the door fling open and Calum and Luke walk in. The temptation was to jump out and hug Calum straight away, but you resisted. It would be more special to let him open his final present

"Hey cal!" Michael yelled. "You said no more presents, but there's just one more. Come to the bedroom!!!"

"Seriously Mikey?" Calum called back and you silently aww'ed. I mean, you had to ship malum just a tiny bit.

You heard the ripping of the paper as Calum slowly revealed the battered up amp box.

"Huh?" He asked and you took that as your cue. You pushed the flaps up and jumped out the box, screaming "SURPRISE!!" And causing Calum to practically have a heart attack.

"SOPHIEE!!" He yelled, pulling you into a massive hug. "You scared the life out of me!!"

You and Calum hugged, kissed and talked for the rest of the night, enjoying each other's company for as long as you could.

This was nowhere near my best. I'm sorry :(