No.84- Calum

For Emily🐼

You stood, bored out of your mind at the top of the escalators in your local mall, handing out flyers to unsuspecting passers-by. It was an ordinary day for you, you'd been shouted at, given dirty looks and shoved out the way by some bratty twelve year olds.

Just as you were about to start making your way home, you saw a guy coming up the escalator. He was kind of cute, with light brown hair, tattoos and an eyebrow piercing so you decided you may as well try and talk to him whilst giving him a flyer. As he reached the top, you approached him.

"Hello sir, could i interest you in-"

"Piss off!" he yelled at you, shoving you hard until you fell back into another person. You tried to stand up to avoid embarrassment but the other person had their arms supporting you.

The stranger pulled you up to standing and you turned to look at them. It was a guy, with dark hair and beautiful eyes. He looked around your age and he was looking at you with deep concern.

"You okay?" he asked, one hand still on your shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry! I was just doing my job then he kind of attacked me." you replied with a light laugh as you were still quite flustered.

"DICKHEAD!" The guy yelled after the other guy who pushed you, making you laugh.

"I'm Emily." You smiled.

"Calum." He replied. "Hey, Emily. Why don't we get a drink? This drama has made me thirsty."

"This drama of the past few seconds?" you asked sceptically.

"Umm, yeah?" he tried, before giggling and continuing. "Actually, I just want to get to know you better. You seem like a nice person, besides, I think you're really pretty..." He blushed.

"Seriously?" you laughed. "Well in that case, how can I say no? where do you suggest we go?"

"Costa? If that's ok with you."

"Perfect." You replied and the two of you walked to the small cafe.

The two of you sat, drinking coffees and finding out about each other for at least an hour until Calum got a call saying he was needed home.

Before he left, he wrote his number on a napkin and slid it across the table, smirking at you. That was how you knew it was the start of something amazing.