Episode 39

Joe's POV-

The day has been so boring without Demi by my side but I suppose it's my fault too, I hate knowing she is at home probably throwing up her guts most likely because of me. She should know by now whether she's pregnant or not, she said she would text me the news which I suppose isn't the best way to find out but it's the best I've got. I reach my locker and open it putting my bag in for recess, can't be bothered to carry it around with me. I was making my way down the hall when someone rushes down and attacks me with a hug, I look down seeing the top of my girlfriend's head. I hug her back and she hugs me tighter crying into my chest, I give her a quick hug before pulling away and dragging her into a empty classroom that has been deserted all year. I hug her again allowing her to let all her emotions out which always makes me feel better no matter the situation. Once she's calmed down I sit her on the teachers desk and stand in front of her so we're the same height.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong?" I question and she sighs wiping her eyes with the sleeves of her sweater. 

"I'm pregnant Joe," She tells me and I smile until I realise she isn't so happy about it. "I'm happy about it Joe, it's something else." 

"Then what is it?" I ask again taking hold of her hands.

"I told my dad when we got back from the hospital and he didn't take it well." She explains and I sigh.

"How so?"

You can tell she's upset by his words. "H-he said his daughter wouldn't be a slag and get pregnant at 17." She explains.

"So he called you a slag basically?" I question and she nods letting a few tears escape but also turning me a bit angry. She feels me tense up so holds my hands tighter.

"Joe don't be angry, he'll be fine once he cools off." She assures me but I need more convincing than that.

"But he hurt my baby." I tell her and she giggles giving me a peck on the lips.

"I love you Joe."

"I love you too Demi," I reply giving her a kiss on the head. "I'm going to skip the rest of school, you wanna go somewhere?"  

"Sounds good but where?" She questions.

"Just follow me." I tell her and we begin walking back to my locker. We end up at a small cafe having lunch, even though I can tell Demi doesn't want to eat but she has to! I want my son or daughter to be healthy when I meet them.

"Babe you need to eat." I tell her and she sighs. 

"I can't, I've been throwing up all day." I really feel like giving her a kiss to assure her but I know that wouldn't be wise here. I can't wait until the paparazzi finally find out about us because I can finally hold her hand when we're in town and show all my love for her whenever a want and not have to stop and think whether it's a good idea or not. Demi ends up eating about half of her meal before I finish of the rest, don't judge me! I'm a growing man! Demi gets her phone out checking her messages and sighing.

"What is it?"

"My mom wants me to come home and talk about what's happening." I nod understanding.

-------------------------------------------------------