Episode 84

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe climbs out the car a week later following his parents into a rehab centre, Joe asked his mom for help that's exactly what he's getting from them. His mom grabs his hand and leads him up to the reception desk helping him sign in before handing the clipboard back to the receptionist who checks through everything before looking up giving them a warm smile.

"That will be everything, I'll let you say your goodbyes then I will show you where you will need to go." Denise thanks her before leading Joe back over where everyone is waiting, everyone apart from the one person he wants to be there. Sel soon joins them and gives Joe a sympathetic look.

"Sorry Joe she doesn't want to come." She says and Joe nods beginning to share hugs around to 8 people he cares so much about him, his dad, mom, Frankie, Sel, Nick, Kevin and his 2 children. He won't be able to see any of them in the time it takes him to recover which saddens him but he guesses the reason is so it gives him more encouragement to get better. He stands up straight holding Noah in one arm and Cece in another. They are still too young to know they won't see their dad for a long time, lucky for Demi Cece isn't too bothered about who changes her and such.

"I'll miss you." Joe admits.

"We'll miss you to Joseph." Joe assures wrapping her arms the best she can with him still holding Noah and Cece.

"Get better." Nick lectures and they all laugh a bit. They say their goodbyes and Joe leaves with someone ready for a hard couple of months ahead of him, he doesn't know how he's gonna do it, not without Demi. She didn't even come to say goodbye to him which hurt him more than anything but he's going to try and be strong, prove her and everybody that he can't fight this addiction.

Demi sighs switching the TV of after watching a short bit of Joe going into rehab, she doesn't know what to feel anymore. She let Sel take Noah and Cece with her to say goodbye knowing he would want to see them but something just told her not to go, she just can't put her finger on what it could have been. Sel walks through the door carrying Noah and Cece putting them back on the ground as they call for their mom, they run over and Demi smiles picking them up separately sitting them either side of her. Sel takes a seat on one of the chairs set up either side of the couch switching on the TV, it will be weird not hearing from Joe for the next couple months, at least when he was on tour he was calling her.

"Joe really wanted you to be there." Sel states and Demi sighs.

"I know he probably did but I just couldn't go." Demi says switching the TV on for Noah and Cece to one of their favourite shows.

"Why not, he looked really upset when I came back in after our phone call to tell him you weren't coming." Sel admits.

"I guess the reason I didn't go is because I don't want to see him go, I've been through it all before and I know how difficult it is, he may not even be here in time for me giving birth in 6 months time," Demi explains and Sel looks down not liking the idea of any women giving birth without the father of the baby there. "I blamed him for everything but it's my fault, I was the one that over reacted in the first place." Demi sighs getting up and walking up to her room which she will be sleeping in alone yet again for the next couple of months but she's determined to get Joe back when he's better which will hopefully only be a short amount of time. At least the police have let him off with a warning as long as he does seek advice otherwise it could have been a couple of years she's have to live without him for. Demi lays on her bed placing her hand on her small bump, 12 weeks along and luckily her bump isn't as big as it was when she was pregnant with Noah and Cece hopefully meaning she isn't pregnant with twins. She doesn't think she could handle the pressure of that again but if it came to it she would have done, anything to be with her kids. She just hopes Joe will get better before then so he can go through this with her like he should.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've posted a new story called 'Had You at Hello' could you check it out please?

thanks xx

2 comments for the next one