And I Love, Animal - Werewolf Loki - Part Three

A loud crash from the bathroom pulled you harshly from your sleep.

You rolled over onto your back, your heart racing and your head fuzzy.

As the adrenaline of being so abruptly awoken raced through you, your hands began to shake and you found it hard to settle and think as your heart beat rapidly.

Eventually your thoughts caught up to reality and you started to wonder what had caused the noise.

Perhaps Loki had fumbled around in the dark and knocked something over whilst looking for the light switch in unfamiliar territory, the thought made you smile and snicker a little bit.

Another loud crash and the sound of splintering wood soon pulled you out of your reverie, the break in the silence causing you to jump and making your heart beat faster than you thought it possibly could.

After a second of hesitation, you sit up in bed, holding the covers tightly in your hands, and lean a little to your right to peer around the open doorframe.

Out in the partial darkness of the hallway looms a large shadow, the light coming from the living room gave the figure an ominous backlight and outlined the silhouette of a large animal perfectly.

Your breath hitched in your throat and you froze on the spot, hoping that it wouldn't turn your way and see you through the darkness.

Frozen on the spot, you could only watch as the large beast lowered its head to the ground and began snuffling along the surfaces surrounding it as if in search of something.

You watched for a few moments, your mind eventually kicking back into instinct as the creature stepped further into the hallway and turned towards your room.

This was exactly what you were worried would happen after stumbling across him, a concern that only spiked when you had seen just how quickly his wounds were healing.

Loki had reassured you that it was merely because he 'wasn't of Midgard', as he'd put it, and he had an uncanny healing rate.

Now there was no doubt in your mind that he was wrong and your fears were confirmed, he had been attacked by the very thing you had been brought up to control around these woods.

You had hoped that it was a mere coincidence that he had wound up injured in the woods, now you knew otherwise for certain.

It was true that you also had to prove that the beast was Loki, though you suspected that it was more than likely, what with the splintered bathroom door that most definitely hadn't been locked before you'd gone to bed.

Also the fact that its fur, which the bathroom light helped illuminate through the doorway, was as dark as Loki's hair had been and its general size were also factors you'd taken in, Loki had been a tall man, it surely made sense that he would make a larger than average wolf too.

The large wolf continued to investigate around the hallway, you hoped that he would be distracted enough to not notice as you finally found the encouragement to move across the bed to the cupboard of supplies you'd need.

Your family had taken to conserving the lives of werewolves over the generations, living in this exact bungalow deep amongst the trees, unseen by others.

It was in the bloodline to make sure the creatures of the area never got out of hand, but also that they were safe and kept their numbers up.

You had taken over the job just over a year ago and in that time you'd never been this close to one of them, you'd never had a reason to be before.

They left you alone and, as long as they behaved, you observed them from a distance and left them alone.

Though now that you were watching the large beast roaming your hall, you started to feel a little guilty about not warning Loki about what could have potentially happened and the results of his attack.