Let Me Learn - Deaf Reader - Request by _BlackEyedAngel_

(Sorry this took so long! I've been a little bogged down with unexpected work loads, but I said I'd get this out this week for you, so here we go! I hope you enjoy it :) )

Loki couldn't believe that this day had come, considering how all this started he truly never believed that he would have gotten this far.

Not after some of the grave mistakes he'd made in the beginning.

Not that he could have known, it wasn't anything he had ever witnessed on Asgard.

It was a strange day for him, but one that he wasn't likely to forget for a long time, at least not if he could help it, no matter how much of an ass he had made out of himself.

If it hadn't been for that day, you both wouldn't have been where you were.

When he first saw you, talking with a group of associates Thor had, Loki couldn't quite understand why you were moving your hands the way you were or why when you'd talk, your voice would sound so unusual in comparison to those around you.

For reasons unbeknownst to even him, it made him wary of you and so he watched you closely throughout the rest of the day as you interacted with others.

He'd noticed how sometimes when people were talking, you would stare intently.

It was about late evening when you finally got around to speaking with him and it had caught him off guard when he saw you staring at his face, seemingly almost unblinking as he spoke.

Eye contact was one thing, but this was beyond ridiculous and it put him on edge.

Not to mention that he would at times have to repeat himself, as if you weren't listening despite your clear watching as he spoke.

When his tether finally broke, his patience thinner that day than it typically would be, he ended up saying some more than harsh words and sending you on your way, the look of hurt and confusion that you had left with remained imbedded in his mind's eye as a haunting memory.

But he didn't understand and it somehow bothered him that no one else seemed bothered by what was happening.

There was no reaction to the flailing of hands, the staring.

Everyone acted like it was the most normal thing in the world, like it was all a big joke that only he wasn't in on and once he had told you how disrespectful he felt you were being, he had somehow become the disdained one of the surrounding group who had already been less than welcoming to him.

Nothing he wasn't used to, but this time he felt it was unwarranted and couldn't understand what he had done wrong, he knew he had upset you by telling you to leave him be, but that wasn't unlike him and most just left him to it with a snide remark here or there.

So why did he now feel even more unwelcome in a realm he already wasn't welcomed in to begin with?

Pride stopped him from asking what was going on, he didn't want to seem like an idiot in front of the others by being the only one who didn't know what was going on.

The entire situation infuriated him and only made his suspicion of being mocked run deeper, the more he thought about it the more he felt that there was something special about this situation that he couldn't fully comprehend and that no one was explaining to him.

So instead of trying to fix the issue, he decided that he would would try to avoid contact with you completely.

Not that it worked, barely a day had passed and he found it hard to keep away as curiosity enraptured him with you.