Student Life 101 - Request

You stared at the expansive list of projects that you were supposed to choose from for your final big paper, the hand that wasn't holding the sheet up you were looking over was rubbing at your scalp as you thought.

Everything on the sheet was only a recommendation of what you could do, but your mind was admittedly running blank on any independent ideas and you hoped that something would jump out and inspire your creative process.

But nothing was working so far.

Instead you found yourself distracted by the thought of this being your final paper, not just of the year but of your entire school life.

This was it, once you graduated from this course it was off into the world of adults you went.

No more class rooms or lessons schedules.

No more early rises after long nights of emergency project touch ups, or at least not as regularly as they happened now depending on what job you managed to secure.

More bills to add to the already daunting student loans.

The fun world of adulting and all you needed to do was come up with a great programme idea to execute as flawlessly as possible.

No pressure there.

A few ideas had sparked up, but you worried that they were maybe too unoriginal and basic.

The idea of making a game had appealed the most, but you weren't entirely sure what you'd come up with in the timeframe that you had.

There were also management schemes that were do-able, but for what kind of service you weren't sure and somehow both options seemed too common and yet also your best bet.

You groaned and dropped the paper onto the desk, which was quickly followed by your head as you let that fall onto the varnished wooden top.

"Why did I take engineering? I should have taken history instead."

"Would that be because of genuine interest or because of the devastatingly handsome professor?"

You smiled at the familiar, velvet voice that invaded the quiet library and made your stomach flutter.

"Maybe a bit of both."

Two hands settled on your shoulders and helped to pull you back up into a sitting position, despite the amount of times you had encountered them it still always surprised you just how chilled to the touch they were.

It was like he had no body heat whatsoever.

"You look stressed," he commented as you tilted your head up to look at him.

"Doesn't a student always look stressed? Unlike you, looking perfect all the time."

It was true, somehow he managed to look like he had never encountered a bad day in his life.

Like in that exact moment, he was the epitome of perfection and you hated him for it.

The way his pinstriped suit was tailored to fit his lean and lithe body, which itself was muscular but not ridiculously so and proportioned to perfection, and the way he added glasses to the look was a final touch that added so much class but also made it just a touch more entrancing.

Not to mention his basic features looked like they were carved in marble from an artist who took nothing but perfection as a result and his hair, the darkness of the strands and the way he slicked his back suited him annoyingly where.

Whereas anyone else would look a little ridiculous, he looked great and it seemed to get a little better when a single lock got loose from the rest and fell into his face.