If Life Were a Cliché - Part Five

(This came out a lot faster than I anticipated it to, so screw it, here you go you lovely people, the last bit of drama just in time for me to go to bed.
Thanks for sticking with this one!)

"I'm glad you at least have the decency to act surprised."

You looked at the woman you once called a friend and frowned, self-hate rising once again and your cheeks heating up into a deep red.

Her eyes flickered to Loki, who was glaring at her in a way that didn't show any hint of love, just resentment.

As soon as she opened the door, you knew that she knew and had set you up.

Not that it appeared as though she had expected it to be you who turned up.

When she saw you standing on her pristine porch her jaw went slack as her eyes roamed over you, though she recovered quickly and set her jaw tightly while ordering you to come inside for the interrogation.

Loki was already standing in the kitchen, looking tired with his back resting against the sideboard and his hair disheveled like he had only just been pulled out of bed.

"I said that I was going to talk to you," he said slowly, his words dripping with venom, "you didn't need to drag her into this."

"I didn't drag her into anything," she snipped back, her eyes narrowing into deadly slits, "you did when you decided to start fucking her."

You squirmed awkwardly in your seat with your hands squeezed between your knees as you lowered your gaze towards the table.

You knew she wouldn't be happy about the situation, who in their right mind would be, but did she have to put it crassly?

"I should have known it was her you were texting."

Loki swallowed thickly, his arms folding as his shoulders squared in a defensive stance.

"How long have you suspected?"

"Not as long as you'd think, only a few weeks."

"I see, so when you were fiddling with my phone."

"It was innocent, Loki, I told you that I was going to borrow your phone to transfer a picture I'd lost but knew you had, you were the idiot that left that message open."

As much as you tried to resist it, you couldn't stop the urge to glance at him and had to fight down a smile while thinking of how cute it was that he would repeatedly return to that picture even though you hadn't talked to him.

Apparently that morning while Loki was asleep, she had managed to get ahold of his phone and sent the message off to his mystery woman that had been plaguing her mind for weeks after first seeing the photo of the positive pregnancy tests.

Initially she tried to live in denial and convince herself that it wasn't what it appeared, but she wasn't stupid and her thoughts always went back to the fact that she was about to dedicate her life to a man who wouldn't dedicate himself to her in return.

Not that she was any better.

"All right," Loki shrugged over exaggeratedly, "so I'm a cheating son of a bitch who fell in love with my ex-girlfriend, but what about you?"

"What about me?" She scoffed.

"Oh, don't play coy with me, it doesn't suit you," he rolled his eyes, "I know that baby isn't mine."

"No, it isn't."

Both you and Loki looked at her with varying expressions of surprise, your eyes widened and your mouth gaped open while his eyebrow rose at the blunt way that she could openly admit such a thing.