If Life Were a Cliché - Part Three

Everything about the situation was wrong, salacious but amazingly thrilling.

To begin with, the visits were infrequent and quick.

A few weeks would pass after one affair and you'd wait until you received another text to ask if he could come over, each time you would tell yourself that that would be the last time but of course it never was.

Having Loki around again filled a hole you hadn't fully realized you needed filling, both figuratively and literally.

Initially, once the feelings of disgust and guilt had ebbed away, you were worried about the too high chances of being caught should Loki slip up, but you remembered your three years together in school and the four additional years of friendship on top of that and knew you would be alright.

Although he never had with you unless it involved keeping a secret, Loki was too good at keeping things on the low down, telling lies and hiding the truth to the point of going so far as manipulation.

You had always laughed and called him your Norse God, to which he'd chuckle back and reply that you regarded him too highly but he appreciated the sentiment behind owning a big serpent.

You had faith in him to keep this hidden and it seemed to work in your favour, after a year of being his secret lover you hadn't been caught.

Not even with all the added gifts he would send you, that to anyone else would be a noticeable expense, or the weekends he would spend away in your home rather than his own.

Though he had surprised you by the fourth month of your affair when he had invited you to his place out of the blue.

'It's perfectly fine,' he had said one night, rolling his hips to push further into you, 'she travels a lot for work, she'll never notice.'

The thought was wrong, invading the space of this woman you were already helping to betray, but you were already sleeping with her fiancé so how much worse could it be to do it in their own home.

Much worse was the answer, but he was yours first.

If you hadn't been ashamed about your small flat before, you certainly were seeing the house he lived in.

It wasn't anything ridiculously huge like a lot of rich moguls tended to buy when they came into some money, but it was definitely of a higher-class market and had amenities that you couldn't even dream of owning on your wage.

Everything about the house and decoration screamed Loki, it was almost as if she didn't live there at all and that made it so much easier to go through with what you were doing.

Rather than your single person bed that you both had to squeeze into, he had a King-size bed that offered more room for a wider variety of positions.

His bathroom contained both a large bath and a separate shower space compared to your enclosed bath and shower combo, which barely had room for you to turn around in when the glass that was supposed to keep the floor from getting too wet from the showerhead was in place.

The kitchen was significantly large and tidy, so immaculate that you wouldn't have believe it was even used if he hadn't made you some amazing meals and other rooms such as a living room with a large television mounted to the wall opposite an L-shaped sofa, a study with a beautiful black painted desk and his own library.

Loki had earned all this in the ten years that you had been separated and he was sharing it with someone else.

That felt like an injustice, so it almost became an act of personal vendetta to have him take you in each room that you could manage over a single weekend, which turned into a longer goal as you started to stay over more often when she went away for business.