The Euphoric Rush - Vampire Loki

"You're kidding me."

"Nope, I told you I was taking you somewhere awesome."

I stared at Julie with wide eyes and a slacked jaw in completely disbelief.

It was Saturday night, I had just finished a long shift and had been eager to see what her 'surprise' was.

The past week had been spent with her getting excited and ridiculously giddy at the thought of whatever she had up her sleeve, it was beginning to make me a little irritable if truth be told.

I liked surprises, but I also liked being organised and prepared financially if things involved going out so even just a small hint of how much money I'd have needed would have been nice, instead I got absolutely nothing.

The week of secrecy had been exciting aside from that fact and I had looked forward to seeing what she was up to, but I'd never expected to find myself stood outside of 'this' club.

It was a large white building with inviting double doors, all visible glass was blacked out and a red sign that flashed above the entrance with the establishments name.

The Euphoric Rush.

Sure, the name was cheesy and had become a running joke amongst the locals, but it was an apt name nonetheless.

"You brought me to a damn vampire club?"

"Yes," she grinned, looking at me before rolling her eyes, "don't give me that look, you like vampires."

"I like the mythology of vampires, not the risk of getting eaten by one."

"Okay, first they don't eat you, they drain you-"

"Same difference."

"Second, it's against legislation for them to."

"Just because it's against legislation doesn't mean they'll listen, it only takes one rebel for a monster to be unleashed."

It was Julie's turn to stare at me, her lips pulled into a tight line as she shook her head with her hands on her hips.

"Now you're just being racist."

I sputter a little in my rushed attempt to protest her accusation, a loud huff exhaling from my nose.

"I am not racist, I just worry."

"You kind of are."

"No I'm not, at least not intentionally, I also worry about wraiths and werewolves and demons just as much as they worry about hunters."

"Either way, Tony invited me and is inside waiting," she shrugged and stepped closer to the black painted double doors, "so you can either come with me or stay out here, your choice."

I let out an exasperated sigh and stare at the sign, chewing the inside of my bottom lip in thought.

It was rumoured that a vampire's bite is meant to be an amazing experience for both the biter and the bitee, it's said that it's a rush comparable to that of a drug and it wasn't uncommon for vampire and humans to mingle within the confines of the club to get the rush.

This was also a way to stop vampires from attacking and killing humans.

Just as werewolves had special deals with butcher shops and nagas did with exterminators.

The world was shifting to help everyone get accustomed to the new order, where every being mingled and there would be no shame in what you were.

No more hiding, no more hunting and certainly no more segregation as long as we all proved that we could live together.

We referred to them as the Beings and they referred to us as the Norms.

I'd never seen one of the Beings up close and I would be lying to say that I wasn't eager to despite my reservations and worries, it was a mindset I'd have to get past after all if we were to live in this twisted world of peace.

"Fine," I sighed, closing my eyes a little as I took another deep breath, "but if anything funny happens then I'm out of here."

"It's a done deal," she grinned, practically skipping inside.