This Fool, This Liar - Cheater Loki

(Based of the song Home by Nickelback, so if you'd like a soundtrack to this very short one then I'd recommend that song! I'm currently a little addicted to it.

I may bring out a second part to this, we'll see.)

Loki stared towards the ceiling of the large room, lying so still that to look at him you'd think him dead.

A soft groan and stirring to his left made his heart clench with regret, he didn't dare look across to the other side of the bed.

The same mistake he'd promised himself would never happen again had and now he despised himself more than he thought possible.

Time and time again he would realise that the shame and regret that came with his actions and yet he found himself unable to stop it from happening, it was almost as if each time he would leave his new home to do some work for The Grandmaster he had to reward himself with something that pumped his adrenaline for the briefest of time before it call came crashing down.

But this was getting ridiculous and yet he also found that he couldn't help himself.

A strong arm shifted across his waist and his stomach twisted at the familiarity of the feeling of her pressed against him, disgust washing over him once again as he thought of the one who was waiting for his return.

The one who was there for him when he needed it, or listened to his stories of whatever ludicrous thing he had been asked to do that day.

He believed he truly loved them as they loved him.

And yet he had found himself venturing out more often and not returning home until late the next morning, full of shame and self reprimanding.

The first time he had sworn was only because of slight inebriation, that was all.

He had missed Asgard and she had been there as a loose connection to Asgard.

When he'd returned to his Sakaarian home he had easily spun some lie about where he'd been the previous night, too easily for even his liking.

She had shrugged and given him an accepting smile before heading about her day, not knowing what had truly happened.

He spent the afternoon feeling sick with what he claimed was too much drinking at a party The Grandmaster had insisted on throwing, though he knew better.

It was a terrible thought, he hated what he was doing and yet at times found himself excited whenever he was called in for a task.

It was almost like living a double life.

One where he could be a simple body home, not having anyone expecting too much of him and watching his every move to make sure he acted as a prince should, but always having someone there with food and open arms to welcome him home.

Another where he was one of The Grandmaster's top men, working some of the more dangerous jobs and getting to relieve the stress of the job with another who understood just how demanding the job was.

It was the best of both worlds and he was torn between detesting and loving it, he more disliked what he was doing but somehow still found it impossible to stop.

Loki carefully lifted the arm off of him and slowly slid out of bed, gathering his clothes from the floor and putting them back on before heading out.

He guessed that it was better to spend this time of unrest heading home, rather than lying there and thinking things over and feeling worse for what he had done once again.