the holidays just aren't what they used to be.. - n.m

you met nick black friday shopping. it's now mid december. you both have been seeing each other a few times a week, and even talking about meeting each other's parents.

but.

both of your parents passed when you were young, so you live with your aunt.

that's not what you were upset about.

last christmas eve your ex boyfriend cole broke up with you for his personal trainer. you thought he was just enjoying the gym,, turns out, it wasn't the gym it was the trainer.

so needless to say, you've lost christmas sprit. but. you don't want anyone knowing.

"let's put up the tree!" edwin smiled
nick nods "yes and then i'll lift up y/n so she can put the topper on!"
you shrug "i don't know nick. i don't wanna ruin ya'lls tradition or anything"
nick smiled "bub you won't!"

you sighed "i can't. i'm sorry."

you took off outside. even though it was 50° (fahrenheit) outside, which for LA, is freezing.

nick came out and sat beside you "y/n..."

you sighed "please can we just drop it? i'll get my stuff and go back home"

nick grabbed your hand "no. there's something going on here y/n. i'm not as dumb as the others you know"

you giggled a little "debatable"

nick poked you "now tell me what's wrong"

you sighed "nick.. ple-"

he cut  you off "no. i'm not dropping it."

you sighed "fine."

nick spins you around to sit down beside you "now fire away"

you sighed "my ex left me for our personal trainer. to think i thought he just enjoyed the gym..."

nick sighed "bub"

you sighed " the holidays just aren't what they used to be"

nick looks at you "so that's why you keep turning down doing christmas things with me & the guys?"

you nod "yes"

nick hugged you "well i'm not cole"

you nod "i know. but you're also not like other guys i've met which for a girl like me is scary"

nick smiled "i know. it's only been a month, if that. but remember when we were talking about your parents that one night on the roof?"

you nod "well yeah but what's-"

he cut you off again "they fell in love within a week & then were married within 6 months"

you look at nick "you remember that?"

nick nods "i'm not just a pretty face you know"

you shove him "okay okay. i'll help with the tree. one condition"

nick smiled "anything!"

you smirked "you jump in the pool first!"

nick shakes his head "hell nah! that's gotta be like 30° max!"

you nod "exactly or i won't be helping"

nick nods "okay fine"

he stripped into his boxers and jumped right in then ran inside as fast as he could without slipping to get into the shower "you happy now!"

you came waking in laughing so hard you were crying "the happiest"

later that day you all put up the christmas tree. being around these 5 idiots lifted your christmas spirit to a level you'd never thought it would be again.

but. you were beyond happy it was back up there.