i think he knew about me all along. plus, your perfume matches my cologne - e.h

you and edwin were never really together. it was more a friend with benefits kinda thing. but when he found out you were with someone else on the side still.. he didn't handle it well. which was to be expected but at the same time it's ed. so you were expecting him to be a little more calm about it.

"ed! calm down! it was-" he then cut you off

"it wasn't nothing! i think he knew about me all along yet you kept seeing the both of us!"

"plus, your perfume matches my cologne"

you sighed "i love you ed. you."

edwin looks at you "we're friends with benefits remember? the whole agreement? no feelings? that went out the window for me. but having you see that other guy still? it makes me feel like you're falling for him. and i'm like nothing to you."

you sighed "i didn't. i didn't mean. i didn't want to hurt you."

edwin shrugs "maybe you didn't but. it did."

you sighed "ed."

edwin sighed "please don't 'ed' me. we both agreed to bring friends with benefits and i thought that in that you would stop seeing kyle? but you haven't. and maybe that's. maybe that's a de-" he was then cut off by you

you sighed "please don't finish-" then to be cut off by edwin

"deal breaker" he finished

you sighed "i love you.."

edwin sighed "then why do you keep going back to him?"

you sighed "i guess i just. i just. i feel like. well like i'm not enough for you. that you deserve better.."

edwin sighed "if i thought i deserved better would i be fighting for you like i am? i love you. before this thing got. well got messy.."

you sighed "i love you too. and i'm the only one to blame for the messy part but-"

edwin cut you off "kyle is too... did he ever force you to stay with him?"

you sighed "i said i-"

edwin sighed softly as he grabbed your hands "if you had said that from the start we wouldn't of just argued for the last 5-10 minutes"

you sighed "i know.. i just didn't want you mad at me but i guess that already happened so"

edwin nods "yes i was mad but if you opened with that i wouldn't be. if you didn't have a say in it then it doesn't-"

you sighed "i tried so many times to leave him. to just cut him out. but. it wasn't working. he'd hurt me but then when he ran out of room so to speak he would threaten y'all, and i wasn't having that..."

edwin sighed "that makes me furious. it does. the fact he hurt you and i had no idea yet i full on just accused you of more or less cheating"

you didn't know what to do. or how to react. so you just spoke. hoping it would make sense. "he hurt me. mentally because he wouldn't let me go and also physically. but i didn't want him to hurt you. that's all kinds of guilt. i just. i'm sorry. this whole situation is my fault"

edwin kisses you to calm you down "no it's not. you tried to leave, you didn't stay. we'll seperate you from him and if i need to step in, i will. it'll be okay. he'll be out of your life soon"

you sighed "i don't want him to hurt you ed. that's the whole point."

edwin nods "i know baby. but he's hurt you enough as it is. he's not gonna do that again on my watch."

"he has before" zion jumped in

you look at him confused because you had no idea where he came from and how much he heard but. he wasn't wrong..

"i will do everything i can from now on to protect you.. no matter what. no matter what we are. whether you're my best friend, friends with benefits or we're more. regardless i love you with my whole being and i'll do all i can to protect you" he smiled kissing your forehead

you nodded. and just went straight into edwins arms. yes, you did regret not telling him the truth about the whole kyle situation but you're glad it's out there now.

after a few months of useless threats from kyle things had died down. you and edwin become official and it was safe to say it finally worked out.