christmas promise ring? - b.a

you & brandon have been together for a awhile now.

you and brandon have this things when you exchange gifts on christmas eve every year.

you brought something for brandon, something small. but. you know he'll adore it.

it was a pair of velvet red nike air force ones. it wasn't exactly something you'd expect brandon to like, but, he wouldn't stop talking about them. so, you brought them for him. 

but

but. when you gave them to him, his reaction was priceless.

"babe i wasn't expecting anything! let alone the shoes i've been talking about for weeks!" brandon said as he saw the shoes

you smiled "b, shhh. you deserve it!"

brandon pulled you into a hug.

you were talking to your family when you turned around. he pulls out a ring.

"i want this. i want us. as long as i can have it. i never wanna lose it. it's worth so much more than any shoes or anything. i adore you so much & you're by far one of the best things to ever happen to me."

he starts to tear up.

you look at him. "brandon.."

you thought it wasn't real. maybe it's just a promise ring. maybe it's nothing. but. it was definitely.. something.

once you opened your eyes & realised it was real. he was on one knee.

"it's only an engagement band but no amount of fancy big ass diamonds can do you justice. i love you so much, will you marry me *insert your full name here* ?"

you start tearing up. not just tearing but BALLING. you were a mess. you couldn't even get the words out.

didn't help you could hear your mom, dad & older brother crying in the background also.

you nod.

brandon places the ring on your finger

you place your hand over your mouth "bub. it's gorgeous"

brandon smiled "you like it?"

you nod wiping your tears "i love it"

brandon took a photo of it for an instagram post. kept it short & simple

the rest of the day was the spent with your soon to be husband and your family

the rest of the day was the spent with your soon to be husband and your family. best christmas eve you could ever have wished for.