Chapter 60: Screams

Tris POV:

Tobias opens the door, and sits me down on the bed. But I notice something and I see a letter on the bed. I open it and I realize it's from caleb. I start to open it and Tobias sits next to me.

"What is it?" he says

"A letter from caleb" I say

"Oh" he says

I open it and this is what it saids...

Dear Beatrice, you are getting this well I I'm most likely dead now. You may hate me now. But this was all planned me and Madison planned this. The reason why it was because of Mathew he just used you to safe the city, he wanted you dead and he said he would kill me if I didn't kill you. So I died and Madison wanted to do this for you too. I did this for love I was never meaning to kill you, I just had to seem like it was. Please forgive me, you saved the city. You are a hero Beatrice, I'm very sorry I won't be able to attend to your wedding I heard about, but I wish you and Tobias the best. I hope you have a wonderful family. Tobias is the one for you I know it. Please forgive me, for what I did, I'll tell mom you said hi, have a wonderful life and I'll see you soon.

Love caleb

I lay down into the pillow and tears just start to stream down my face. I sob so loud, I'm sure the other people in the rooms could hear me. I lost my brother, he didn't want me to die so he did this. He was repaying for what I did in the bureau. He's gone and I never got to say goodbye. I thought he was a coward but I was wrong. Tobias lays his head on my back and I feel his tears land onto my shirt.

"Shh it's okay let it all out" he says

"He didn't want to kill me, he sacrificed himself for me and I didn't even get to say goodbye" I cry

"He did that because he loved you" he says

"He's gone, he's gone I can't do anything about that" I cry

"I know but you will see Him soon" he says

"He won't be here for my wedding, too see our kids" I cry

"He will up there and he will always be with you tris" he says

"Really?" I say

"Yes really, anyone can live with pain" he says

"Yeah anyone can" I say

"Come here" he says

I wrap my arms around him and I cry into his shoulder. He rubs his hand on my back in a circular motion to soothe me. He kisses any tear that comes down my face. But so many tears come down my face I lost count.

"Let's go to bed, it's gonna be alright" he says

"Okay" I say

I wipe the tears off my face and I pull the covers over me. He puts his arm around me and I lean my head on his chest. More tears come down my face but it isn't as much as before. Soon I fall asleep from exhaustion of my tears.