choi san.

"Park Y/N!"

You looked up from your assignment and to your teacher, who was glaring at you from the front of the room.

"Why did you drop out of the top ten in your class, hm?!" He yelled.

You stood up from your desk. "I'm sorry, sir. I'll make sure to do better on the exam next time."

"Sit down!"

You sat back down and continued working on your assignment. San looked at you from across the room and sighed, then Meihua walked up to him.

"San, can you help me with these problems?"

"Oh, sure."

You looked over at the sound of Meihua's voice and sighed when you saw her with San. It was like she was always with him, and he almost never looked at you because of it.

The bell for the end of class rang, and your teacher told you to stay behind. So, when everyone was gone, you walked up to his desk. He looked at you and slammed your exam paper down, pointing at the circled eighty-nine percent.

"This is unacceptable! I expect ninety-fives and above from you, Miss Park. If you keep this up, you will never be successful!"

You nodded and he sent you off with a hand gesture. You held on tight to the straps of your bag as you walked to your locker, and you rested your forehead on the cold metal, not even caring to stop your tears.

"Y/N?"

You looked over and saw San. "Yeah?"

"Why do let Mr. Ahn treat you like that? You know you do your best, he's just being picky."

"There's no point in standing up for myself, San. He'll just yell at me more." You mumbled.

He tilted his head at you, reaching up to wipe your tears away. You heard footsteps and both of you looked back to see Meihua.

"San, come eat lunch with me." She smiled.

San looked back at you. "I have to go. Think about what I said."

You walked inside your house and took your shoes off, putting your slippers on. You walked into the kitchen and your mom looked at you.

"Y/N, why do you look so sad?" She asked.

"I got scolded for my exam results today."

She sighed. "That teacher of yours sure does yell at you a lot. Did you cry? Your eyes are puffy."

"I don't know what to do, Mom." You mumbled, your eyes starting to water. "I try so hard, but I'm really feeling the pressure and being yelled at isn't going to make it any better."

"And?" She encouraged.

"And Meihua's in my way of San!" You cried.

"Oh, come here." She said pulling you into a hug. "Don't worry about her, and don't worry about your mean teacher. As long as you're doing your best, that's all that matters."

You nodded and she sent you off to your room. You put your bag down and crawled into your bed, falling asleep after the stressful day you had.

You yawned and grabbed your phone when you woke up the next morning, gasping when you saw what time it was. You only had fifteen minutes to get to school. You quickly changed into your uniform and brushed your hair and teeth, rushing out of the door.

When you got to school, you walked into class, making everyone look back at you.

"Miss Park! Why are you late?!" Mr. Ahn yelled.

"I'm sorry, sir. I overslept." You apologized.

"Successful students don't oversleep, Y/N!"

San stood up from his chair. "Sir, yelling at her isn't going to solve anything." He said.

"Sit down! Both of you!"

You and San sat down and looked at each other, and he gave you a small smile, which you happily returned.

Class ended quickly, and you hurried out of the classroom before you could be yelled at again. You were putting something in your locker when you looked over and saw Meihua.

"You look awful." She stated.

You looked at her for a moment before closing your locker and turning on your heels, but she grabbed your wrist and turned you around.

"Do you ever think about other people, Y/N? How do you think I feel when I see you and San looking at each other, and all you can do is walk away from me?"

You yanked your wrist out of her grip. "How am I inconsiderate, when you just told me I looked awful?"

Your jaw clenched as you turned again, but you bumped into a firm chest. "Why can I not walk away from her!" You exclaimed.

You looked up and saw San, and you quickly apologized. He pushed you behind him and grabbed your hand, making you blush.

"Do you have a problem with Y/N, Meihua?" He asked.

"Yes! You're always paying attention to her!" She yelled.

"Meihua, you're always pulling me away from her. I never spend time with Y/N, and frankly I would rather spend time with her anyways." He paused. "And lower your voice, she gets yelled at way too much as it is. She doesn't need you yelling in her face."

Meihua's jaw dropped, and she stormed off. San turned back to you and smiled, squeezing your hand.

"Now, lets go give Mr. Ahn a piece of our minds!"

-