kim hongjoong.

-

-

You walked through the base, back straight and long strides. As you were walking past your unit chiefs office, he popped his head out and told you to come inside. You did so and sat in front of him.

"Nobody has eyes on our informants. Nearby neighbors have been saying they heard yelling early this morning, around three, and then it all stopped about ten minutes later." He said. "It's a hostage situation and we believe it's at the hands of Dent D'or. I need you to get your team ready for hostage rescue."

You nodded. "Yes, sir. Where are we going?"

"Further up into the mountains, where we've been scouting out to see if that was where Dent D'or's kept his base operations. Be careful though, we have every reason to believe that he will take anyone out if they get in the way of whatever he is trying to do."

"Understood."

You stood up and went back towards your quarters, where your team was getting ready for the day. They saw your expression and paused what they were doing as you leaned against the beds.

"Were going out for hostage rescue. It's believed that our informants have been taken from their homes by Dent D'or and his men. There's no telling what they're doing to them in order to get information on our operations, so we need to head out fast."

Dent D'or, an infamous arms dealer that got his nickname from the villages surrounding your base, which means 'Gold Tooth', has been a target of your operations for nearly two years. Informants came forward and have been helping you with your hunt, so you have every reason to believe that Dent D'or found out and is trying to get revenge.

You, being the leader of your SEAL team, were in charge of making sure the informants identities were kept hidden, but Dent D'or must've had eyes on them after the first couple of meetings.

"How are we doing this, Y/N?" One of your team members asked.

"Stealthily," you paused. "I want Dent D'or alive, he has information that we need, and our informants stay alive. They put their lives on the line for us, let's do the same for them."

After gearing up and going through a bulletproof plan, you and your team were already on the side of the mountain, waiting for your signal. You heard a loud bang and a gunshot, and you signaled. You went in first, your team right behind you.

"Drop your weapons, get on your knees!" You yelled.

Obviously, they weren't going to put away their weapons, and they started shooting. You avoided getting hit and shot back, causing three of Dent D'or's men to go down. You could see your informants, tied up and beaten. There was no telling what they were doing to them to get information on the SEAL operations.

"Finally, Y/N." Dent D'or laughed. "Thought you'd never show up."

"Get on your knees." You said.

"We know that you've been doing work on us, but we have also done some work on you and your team. I bet you had to work extra hard to become the leader of a SEAL team, as a woman." He looked at two of your male team members. "You guys were probably very jealous-"

"Shut up and put your weapon down."

His accent was really starting to irritate you, that french undertone ringing through your ears as if he knew everything about everyone. He sighed and bent down as if he was about to put his gun down, and as you were about to step forwards to kick it away from him, he stood back up and started firing. Everyone took cover, but you being the closet, got hit and went down. You heard more gunfire and bodies hit the ground, and soon, you were being picked up off of the floor and carried out of Dent D'or's base.

You couldn't make out any of the screaming or the commands that were being given, all you could focus on was the pain you felt.

You woke up to bright lights and beeping, and you started to sit up, but someone gently pushed you back down. "You need your rest, baby."

You looked over at the sound, seeing your husband. "Hongjoong? What are you doing here?"

"Your team flew you back here for intensive care," he smiled weakly. "Since you have a family."

You nodded. "Where's Kyungmi?"

He shifted slightly so that you could see behind him, where your daughter was sleeping. You smiled and sighed, looking back at Hongjoong.

"Where was I shot?" You asked.

"Your chest? How can you not feel it?" He replied. "If it were three more inches to the right, it would have went straight through your heart."

"It feels like I wasn't even shot."

"The doctor put you on some pretty good pain medications, but he said there would be quite a bit of pain once everything wore off."

You sighed again and tried to sit up, and this time Hongjoong helped you. Kyungmi tossed a little bit and opened her eyes, seeing that you were awake.

"Mommy?"

"Hi, baby." You smiled.

She shuffled off of the small chair and laid next to you, putting her hand on your cheek. "Do you have a hole in your chest?"

"Only for a little bit." You told her, smiling. "Did daddy cry?"

"Like a baby."

Hongjoong's jaw dropped as you laughed. "I did not cry like a baby. I may have cried a little."

"Are you leaving again, Mommy?" Kyungmi asked.

You shook your head. "Not for a while."

Your phone started ringing, so Hongjoong handed it to you. At the look on your face, he grabbed your daughters hand and they both left the room for your privacy.

"Sir?" You answered.

"How are you feeling?" Your unit chief asked.

"Good for now. Is everything okay?"

"Reo got hit, but it was just in the shoulder. He's on his way to a quick recovery. Our informants are also in intensive care on our base until they recover." He told you. "However, during the struggle of getting you on a plane and back to Seoul, Dent D'or managed to get out of our custody. We are still searching for him, but it's almost positive that he's already somewhere else. I just want you to rest and take it easy, but I need you to watch your back. Understood?"

You nodded, even though he couldn't see you. "Understood, sir. What about my family?"

"Don't say anything. It's very unlikely that he left to get back at you. Until we know more, don't raise any unnecessary alarm."

"Okay." You said. "Tell Reo I said to hang in there."

He hummed in response and hung up. Hongjoong and Kyungmi came back into the room, Kyungmi cuddling up to your side like before.

"Everything okay?" Hongjoong asked.

You nodded. "Yeah. Just some updates."

You felt weird not telling your family of the danger that could potentially be in their way, but you had orders. All you could do was hope that Dent D'or really wasn't coming for you.

-

a/n: i've never really written something like this before, and i kind of like it!