kim hongjoong & song mingi | request.

request for izzybarr :)

every family had a different way of finding out who their soulmate was. Your grandmother found out that your grandpa was her soulmate, because he brought her a bouquet of flowers. Your mother and father found out the same way, and you were just waiting to see who the man that brought you flowers would be.

It seemed so cliche at first; like, really? A bouquet of flowers? Then you started to realize that it was actually quite romantic, and a distinct way to know who your soulmate would be. Not a lot of people bought flowers for their significant other anymore.

You sighed as the doorbell rang, and you got up to open the door. You almost tripped over your own feet when you saw your two best friends, Hongjoong and Mingi, standing on your door step with a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey, guys." You smiled, chuckling nervously.

"We brought you flowers!" Mingi smiled.

Hongjoong handed his bouquet to you. "We really just had the sudden urge to get beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl."

You smiled and took both bouquets in your arms. "Thank you, guys. You really didn't have to."

After you talked to the boys as you put your flowers in a vase, they headed back out. You sluggishly went up to your room and laid on your bed, looking up at the ceiling. Both of your best friends were your soulmates? How were you supposed to choose? They were both so kind, so talented, so handsome, and so amazing; you honestly didn't think you'd be able to pick.

You turned over in your bed and looked out your window, falling asleep to the whirling thoughts in your head.

You woke up in the middle of the night, with a sudden desire to get far away from your house. You almost felt sick, the pressure of your soulmate decision weighing heavy in your stomach. You packed a backpack with essentials and grabbed your phone, quietly leaving the house.

You ran down the streets of Seoul until you ended up at your favorite park. It was the park that you, Hongjoong, and Mingi always went to as children, and it brought back a lot of memories. You walked over to the big tree that you all would sit at, laying on your back and looking up into the branches.

You shut your eyes and felt the breeze on your skin, listened to the leaves, and focused on the feeling of the nighttime around you.

Hongjoong and Mingi went to your house to visit you, and when your mother opened the door, they were surprised to see her crying.

"Mrs. L/N, what's wrong?" Mingi asked.

"Y/N ran away."

The boys looked at each other, and Hongjoong looked back at your mother. "Why would she do that? Maybe it was the flowers."

Your mother froze and looked at the table by the kitchen, seeing the vase full of flowers. "You both brought her flowers?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." Mingi replied.

Your mother looked back at them. "Then it was definitely the flowers that made her run away."

Hongjoong pouted. "I thought they were really pretty."

"Boys," Your mother started. "Men giving the females in our family flowers, means that they're soulmates. Y/N's grandpas gave her grandmother flowers, her father gave me flowers, and now both of you gave her flowers. She probably felt overwhelmed at the fact that she had to choose between the two of you."

She walked off solemnly, and the boys sat on the couch. "I feel so bad. I didn't know we'd make her run away. I didn't even know that flowers meant that in this family." Mingi said.

"Me either." Hongjoong sighed.

The boys sat there for a second and thought about the whole situation. Hongjoong looked at Mingi and saw how sad he looked, and he felt for his best friend. Yes, Hongjoong liked you a lot, but Mingi liked you twice as much. He was always talking about you, and his skin would glow when he was with you.

"You can be with her, Mingi. I know how much you like her."

Mingi looked over at Hongjoong. "But you like-"

"I do, but I can see how this is affecting you. You deserve to be with her."

After making sure Hongjoong was okay with everything for the fiftieth time, Mingi set out to find you. He already had a pretty good idea of where you were, and his stress went away as soon as he saw you laying under the big tree at the park. He admired you as you laid there with your eyes closed, your arms behind your head.

He slowly walked over and sat next to you, brushing some hair out of your face. You slowly opened your eyes and weakly smiled at Mingi.

"Were you here all night?" He asked.

You shook your head. "Not all night. I woke up in the middle of the night and came here"

He nodded and laid next to you, his elbow on the ground and his head resting in his palm. "Hongjoong told me that I should be with you, but I want it to be up to you"

"He told you that?" Mingi nodded in response, and you smiled. "It would've been hard to choose, but I think it might've been you anyways. There's just something about you, Mingi, and it's really spectacular"

Two months later, you were walking down the aisle, your father by your side. Mingi stood in front of the room, tearing up as he watched you walk towards him. You walked up the stairs and stood in front of him, taking his hands. Time came for your vows, and Mingi took a small step forward, holding in tears of joy.

"Every moment I've ever spent with you has been the happiest moments of my life. I can't imagine anything without you, and because of you, I've grown and become a better person. You're my happy place, my other half, and the love of my life. I love you"

You smiled and squeezed his hands. "Thank you for always being there for me, being my shoulder to cry on, and being my best friend. I'm excited and overjoyed that I get to be with you, and I can't wait until me, you, and our baby get to start our family"

He froze, smiling. "You're pregnant?"

You were very secretive in keeping your pregnancy hidden, and it was easy since you weren't that far along. "I'm pregnant, Mingi"

He made an excited noise and hugged you. The priest chuckled, catching your attention.

"Mingi, do you take y/n as your lawfully wedded wife?"

He smiled and grabbed your ring, slipping it on your finger. "I do"

"Y/n, do you take Mingi as your lawfully wedded husband?"

You slid Mingi's ring onto his finger, smiling happily. "I do"

"Now, you may kiss the bride"

Mingi grabbed the back of your neck and pulled you into a loving kiss, resting his forehead against yours afterwards.

"I love you" He whispered.

You caressed his cheek. "I love you too, Mingi"

-

a/n: sorry that this is out so late

a/n: sorry that this is out so late. I'll be really busy tomorrow, and I wanted to update for you guys.