jung wooyoung.

disclaimer: violence, language.

At lunch, you sat at your table and observed everyone.

After your mom passed away, your father fell behind. You had moved at least three times since then, and every time the neighborhood got worse and worse. You were surprised you hadn't been hospitalized by the violence in the neighborhoods.

You made sure to keep your distance, only learning names of the classmates around you. You tried not to make friends and you definitely tried your hardest not to develop feelings for anyone.

Though, Jung Wooyoung made it kind of hard, but you just pushed those feelings for him away.

You walked into your last class and took your seat, which happened to be across from Wooyoung, San, and Mingi. Wooyoung looked over at you and winked, making you scoff and put your head down.

Seconds later, you felt something hit your head, and you looked up to glare at San, who was giggling loudly. You picked up a pen and threw it, hitting San right in the head. You started laughing hysterically as San rubbed his forehead.

"Hey! Not funny, Y/N~" San whined.

"It was so funny." You replied.

The teacher came in not long after that and started class. Every time you made eye contact with Wooyoung, your cheeks got hot and you'd look away, and you could feel his smirk from across the room.

The bell rang, dismissing class, and you quickly gathered your things and left the classroom. As you made your way down the hallway, someone came up and grabbed your leather jacket.

"Y/N~" Wooyoung cooed.

You sighed. "What, Wooyoung?"

He stepped in front of you and smiled. "You know you're really pretty, right?"

You scoffed and patted his shoulder. "Good try, Wooyoung. I'm not going home with you."

You pushed past him and walked out of the school, going home. When you walked in, your dad poked his head out from the kitchen doorway.

"Hey, honey. How was your day?" He asked.

"Same as always." You told him, plopping onto the couch.

"Well," He started, stepping out of the kitchen. "I have good news."

You looked up at him, telling him to go on. "You and I will be staying here for a while, so you can finally make friends and maybe even, get a significant other." He said, wriggling his eyebrows.

You laughed at him. "Okay, but why will we be able to stay? Not that I don't want to, I'm just curious."

"I finally got a job that I'll be able to hold down, so we'll be able to live here until we get the money to buy a better house in a better neighborhood, if you want."

You nodded, smiling. You instantly thought of Wooyoung, and what you guys would get the chance to be since you were staying in the area. You thought of Mingi and San too, in hopes of being friends with them.

You woke up to a bunch of yelling later that night, and since you fell asleep on the couch, you simply got up and peeked out the window. Some big guy was yelling at another guy, whom you couldn't see since his back was turned to you. You couldn't hear anything, but you gasped when the big guy lunged for the smaller man. He punched him at least three times before slamming the man on the ground.

You suddenly got angry, walking to your front door and opening it.

"Dude, get out of my yard!" You yelled.

The big guy got up, and the smaller boy rolled onto his side and groaned. "What are you gonna do about it?" He smirked.

You walked up to him and looked him dead in the eye. "Get out of my yard."

He scoffed. "I'll leave cause I don't wanna get charged for hitting a girl."

He walked off and you looked down, gasping when you realized who was nearly beaten to a pulp.

"Wooyoung?!"

"Y/N?"

You bent down and helped him up, walking him into your house. You set him down in the kitchen and grabbed the first aid kit and ice. As you cleaned his cuts, you cupped his cheek to make the process easier. You put small bandages on his wounds and handed him the ice.

"What even happened?" You asked.

He shook his head. "It doesn't matter."

You narrowed your eyes at him. "If it weren't for me you'd probably be completely unconscious in my front yard, but okay." You stated. "Are you hungry?"

He nodded hesitantly. You made two plates of food that your dad made earlier that evening, heating it up and setting the plates down on the counter.

"Why are you being so nice?" He questioned, starting to eat.

"I wasn't going to leave you in my front yard, and I wasn't going to eat in front of you without offering you food."

"Y/N has a soft side~" He cooed.

You rolled your eyes and continued eating. When both of you finished you took your plates to the sink and sat back down.

"Why were you in the neighborhood?" You asked.

"I was going to San's place." He answered. "I didn't know you lived here."

You shrugged. "It's not really important for anyone to know where I live. Plus, I don't really have the friends to hang out with."

He pursed his lips. "Why don't you have friends?"

"Me and my dad tend to move a lot, so I didn't make friends on purpose, just so no one had to go through the pain of a friend leaving. My dad did tell me today that we would be living here permanently, so I guess I could make friends now." You shrugged.

Wooyoung smiled, making your heart flutter. "That's good to hear."

"Why's that?"

"Because I can do this."

He grabbed your face and kissed you, like he'd been wanting to kiss you for the longest time, and you gladly kissed back. When he pulled away, you couldn't help but smile and look down at your lap, but he grabbed your chin so that you'd look at him.

"I've liked you ever since the first time we spoke to each other. You were so different, you didn't swoon over me," He paused to shudder, making you laugh. "But you were so closed off I didn't bother saying anything."

"I've liked you for a while too, but I didn't say anything because I thought I'd just move again."

He smiled and leaned in cutely. "This means we can date now."

"What makes you think I wanna be your girlfriend?" You smiled.

He tilted his head. "The fact that you kissed me back and confessed your undying love for me?"

You laughed and playfully hit his arm. "I guess that does mean I wanna be your girlfriend."

His smile grew and he fixed his posture. "Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

You started laughing again at how serious he was being, making him smile. "Yes, Wooyoung. I'll be your girlfriend."

-