kim hongjoong | request

request for emh-06 🩵___

___

hongjoong clapped his hands together as he walked through the doors of the florist shop. "i know you guys missed me."

"i wouldn't go that far," lana, one of his coworkers joked. "but i guess your empty work space was kinda sad."

hongjoong hummed knowingly and put his stuff down at his work station. he never thought he'd end up loving florist work so much, but it reminded him of someone really important in his life. he was fond of the memories and the work was fun. the work was also beautiful, so he couldn't complain too much.

"hey," hongjoong stared at the beautiful bouquet on his desk. "what is this?"

"what is what?" lana looked over and made an 'o' with her mouth. "those flowers came in for you this morning."

"are you sure they're for me?"

lana nodded. "there's a tag on there that says they're for you."

hongjoong furrowed his eyebrows as he sat down and looked at the flowers. they were his favorite colors and the bouquet had at least three of his favorite flowers included. he couldn't think of anyone he knew that would randomly send him flowers, and with such detailed choices at that.

"hm," he mumbled. "how many orders do we have today?"

"fourteen big orders, and five small orders."

"am i driving today?"

lana gave him a look. "don't try to weasel your way out of your delivery duties, joong."

the twenty-five-year old sighed dramatically and stood up. "fine. i'll get started."

so hongjoong checked the order sheet for the day and gathered all of the orders onto the delivery van. he was meticulous when he delivered, despite hating it so much. he went in a very linear path according to the delivery locations and he always finished well within his allotted time period for deliveries.

but as he was on his delivery, he got so distracted that he took three wrong turns and nearly delivered to the wrong house. why was he distracted? he could have sworn he saw you, his childhood best friend, walking down the sidewalk while he was at a red light.

whoever it was looked so much like you, but he had to reel himself in and remember that you moved a while ago and you would have reached out to him if you were back in town. right?

many wrong turns and racing thoughts later, he was back at the shop, having completed his deliveries only slightly past his allotted time.