choi jongho | roomate | pt.2.

Jongho had been living with you, Aiko, and Yunjae for over a year, and the four of you were extremely close. The girls got along with him really well, and Jongho brought out a more fun side of you that was hard to bring out. You were always so caught up with your studies, watching out for everyone, and making sure everything was okay, that you never had time for a lot of fun. Though, Jongho found a way to make sure you always had fun.

It ranged from him suggesting a dinner outing, to him convincing you to play laser tag, and you had to admit, it was always super fun. The way Jongho brought out the fun in you, also made you realize how much the girls could make you laugh. You smiled and turned in your bed, thinking of all the fun times you all had over the year.

Meanwhile, your roommates were huddled in the living room. "What should we do for Y/N's birthday?" Aiko asked.

"I think Jongho should take her on a date. I can tell she has a soft spot for you, Jongho, and I don't know if it's because it just happens, or if she has a thing for you." Yunjae said.

"Yes!" Aiko whisper-yelled. "That's a fantastic idea. I think Y/N has the biggest crush on you, Jongho."

His cheeks turned pink and he shook his head. "I think she's just trying to take care of me."

Yunjae raised an eyebrow. "The only people that y/n would ever hug are us and her family. She's never hugged a boy, and then you came along, and she's cuddling with you on the couch. Tell me that's 'just her taking care of you.'"

Jongho smiled to himself. "Do you think she'd want to? I mean, I don't want to take her on a date if she doesn't want to."

"Trust me," Aiko started. "She'll want to."

You woke up the next morning, sleepily getting out of bed. When you opened your bedroom door, confetti went everywhere, balloons were in the air, and your roommates were yelling happy birthday. You smiled and pulled them into a group hug.

"Thank you, guys. I actually almost forgot it was my birthday." You laughed.

"How old are you now? Nineteen?" Aiko asked.

"You're so funny, Aiko. I'm twenty three, now."

"Oh, you don't look a day over twelve." Jongho joked.

You laughed again and gently pushed him, making your way into the kitchen. They had made breakfast for you, and you happily filled your plate with the delicious looking food.

The stood around you as you ate, and you looked between them in confusion. "Am I eating wrong? Why are you guys staring at me like that?" You smiled.

"Oh, well," Jongho paused. "I wanted to ask you something."

Your heart skipped a beat and you nodded, telling him to ask you what he wanted to ask you. "Do you wanna get dinner later tonight? It'll be like a date."

You smiled. "I'd love to, Jongho."

You straightened your simple black dress with your hands, looking at yourself in the mirror. You smiled and opened your door, making Aiko and Yunjae snap their heads in your direction.

"Pretty baby!" Yunjae exclaimed.

You blushed and walked towards them. "I look okay?"

"Absolutely perfect." Aiko responded.

You smiled and heard Jongho's bedroom door open, and you looked in his direction. He was wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt, and he looked really good. He smiled and walked up to you, grabbing your hand.

"You look gorgeous." He whispered. "Are you ready?"

You nodded and waved to the girls as you headed out. There was a really nice restaurant that was walking distance from your dorm, so you guys walked and admired the night sky. You got to the restaurant and took your seats, ordering your meals shortly after.

"This is really nice, Jongho. Thank you." You smiled.

"It's my pleasure. I love spending time with you."

He reached over and grabbed your hand, rubbing gentle circles into your skin. "I've been so happy ever since I moved in with you guys, especially you." He blushed. "At first I was kinda cautious of you, because Aiko and Yunjae said you were kinda strict, but this past year has been so amazing."

You nodded. "It really has. You're able to bring out a fun side in me that rarely comes out."

He smiled and looked down, then back up at you. "I really enjoy being around you, and I love the way you make me feel; it's like I'm in my own little world and you're the only person that matters. One of the main reasons I took you out tonight, isn't only because it's your birthday, but because I also wanted a romantic setting to ask you to be my girlfriend."

It took you a second to realize what he was actually saying, and your jaw dropped slightly. "Seriously? Like, you actually want me to be your girlfriend?"

"I actually want you to be my girlfriend." He smiled.

You laughed and nodded. "Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend!"

He let out a breath of relief and and kissed your hand. "I was really worried you'd have a bad reaction."

You patted his hand and leaned in. "It's not my reaction you should be worried about. It's Aiko and Yunjae's. They're gonna go crazy."

-