choi jongho.

disclaimer: language, talk of violence and r*pe.

After your late night shift at work, you got in your car and headed home. On your way though, something caught your eye. You stopped your car by the sidewalk so it wouldn't be in the way of other cars, watching the situation.

It looked like an older guy talking to a younger, except the younger boy looked extremely uncomfortable. He looked to be around your age, and when the older man grabbed his hips and the younger tried to get away, you got out of you car. Grabbing your car key in a way that would make it easy to shank the older male, (if you had to), as you walked up to them.

"Hey, I don't know what's going on-"

The man cut you off by trying to punch you, but you caught his fist. Poking the inside of your cheek with your tongue, you raised an eyebrow at the man. "Harassment and hitting a girl, is what your ass is going to be in jail for."

You smiled and threw your elbow into the guys face, making him groan and hold his nose. He ran off and you looked at the boy.

"Are you okay? I saw that you looked really uncomfortable." You asked.

"I'm fine. Thank you for being so concerned." He replied.

"I'm Y/N, by the way."

"Jongho. It's nice to meet you." He smiled weakly at you. "I should get going."

You nodded, watching his body language, and when he didn't move for another few seconds, you knew. "You live on the streets don't you?" He pursed his lips and nodded slowly. "You can chill at my house, Jongho."

He raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?"

"Okay, I get it. Stranger danger. I'm gonna feed you and let you sleep in my house, I don't have to do that."

"Okay, true."

"How old are you?" You asked.

"Eighteen."

You smiled. "Me too."

He followed you to your car and got in, and you continued your journey to your home. When you got there you let Jongho inside, setting your belongings down.

"So, why did that guy even try to come onto you like that?" You asked.

Jongho scrunched his nose. "He thought I was a prostitute."

"At least someone was there to save you."
You said, a slight hint of pain in your voice.

You gathered ingredients for dinner and turned around, only to see Jongho staring at you. "What?" You questioned.

"Did something happen to you, Y/N?"

You shrugged. "I was sixteen when my parents kicked me out, and I ended up getting raped. I got put into foster care, but my foster parents ended up being extremely abusive, so I ran away, got a job, and earned enough money for this apartment."

His eyes widened. "You say that like it's nothing."

"I'm over it. Sometimes I can still feel that creeps hands on me, but I'm over it." You replied. "What about you? Why were you on the streets?"

He noticed your use of 'were', instead of 'are', but he shrugged it off. "Parents kicked me out because they didn't want me."

"Mine too." You sighed. "At least we both have a home now, right?"

He tilted his head. There it was again, the indication that he'd be staying with you.

"Are you letting me live with you?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah? I'm not leaving you on the streets. I wish someone would've helped me out."

"I'm grateful, don't get me wrong. I just, I don't want to bother you."

You smiled. "You're sweet, I like you. Plus, I've been pretty lonely anyways."

Three months. Three months was all it took for you to fall in love with Jongho. You two were inseparable, and he treated you like a princess, always making sure you've eaten, slept well, or if you're okay, and you did the same with him.

You and Jongho were watching a movie, your head on his shoulder and his hand in your hair. You did movie night every Saturday night, and you treasured them with every fiber in your body.

"Y/N?" He whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for everything."

You looked up at him, panicked. "You're welcome, but, why do you say that? Are you leaving?"

He chuckled. "No. I just wanted to let you know that I'm grateful for everything you do for me. I'm staying right here."

You sighed. "You scared me."

"Sorry."

He ran his fingers through your hair as you got your breathing to even out again. The movie ended about fifteen minutes later, and you stretched and got up. You went to the bedroom and grabbed an over sized t-shirt to wear. You took your shirt off, your back facing the door.

"Hey, Y/N- what are those?" Jongho asked, cutting himself off.

"What is what?" You asked, covering your chest with your shirt as you turned to him.

"I didn't mean to walk in on you. I didn't know you were changing, but what are those scars on your back?"

You bit your bottom lip and looked down, then back up at him. "If my foster parents got mad at me, they'd whip me with a belt, or an actual whip, whichever was closer."

"Seriously? What kind of person could do that to someone so precious?" He whispered the 'so precious' part, but you still heard it and blushed.

You shrugged. "It's okay. I don't feel them, or anything."

"Y/N. That's not okay." He said, and you took the chance to slip your shirt on. "No one should ever be abused, but the amount of scars on your back is ridiculous."

"Jongho, it's not a big deal."

He stepped closer to you, grabbing your chin. "It doesn't matter if you think it's not a big deal. It's a big deal to me, and I'm going to make up for it."

You didn't even have time to ask him what he meant before his lips were on yours, and you didn't hesitate to kiss back. His lips and yours fit perfectly together, and it made you smile into the kiss. He rested his forehead on yours and grabbed your hands.

"I don't know if you want to hear this, but I love you, a lot, Y/N. I just want to protect you and make you happy."

You smiled, pecking him on the lips. "I love you too, Jongho. You've been protecting me since the day we met. You made me realize that I didn't have to be upset all the time, so in a way, you protected and will keep protecting my happiness."

He hugged you, running his hand down your back. "You deserve the world and nothing less, Y/N."

-