choi jongho.

disclaimer: talk of suicide and death

-

You woke up with a gasp as the images of your little brother ran through your head all over again. Your heart was racing and you couldn't breathe correctly, which was normal for you, since you relived that horrible day over and over again.

This emptiness consumed you ever since you found him, and you couldn't seem to fill it. Nobody knew what actually happened to Eiji, just that he passed away, and nobody knew that you were struggling with nightmares when you slept.

You threw the blankets off of your body and sat at the window seat. It was too early to get ready for school, but you wouldn't be able to fall back asleep either. So, you watched as your neighbors went on their morning walk with their dog, you watched the sweet elderly woman from down the street go on her jog, but you also waited for Jongho to show up at your door, as he did every morning.

When you finally spotted him walking down the sidewalk, you admired what he was wearing: his favorite jeans with his favorite belt, and one of your favorite t-shirts. He wasn't even trying to look good, but he always did anyways.

You ran downstairs and opened the door before he could knock, and he jumped slightly. "Did I scare you?"

"No, I just didn't expect you to open the door so fast." He smiled and walked into the house. "You're usually not awake when I get here."

You shrugged. "I thought I'd wake up a little early today."

"Well, why don't you get ready while I make some breakfast for you?"

You smiled and ran back up to your room, throwing an outfit together. You got ready and made your bed before going back downstairs, where Jongho was already setting the plates and the table. You sat down with him and started eating, not taking notice to the way Jongho was staring at you.

"Where are your parents, Y/N?"

"Work." You replied. "You know how it is with us- something bad happens and we need something else to take our mind off of it."

"Not you, though." He said.

You shook your head. "I would be doing my brother an injustice if I tried to push his death to the side."

"But you still got right back on your feet." He stated. "This only happened a month and a half ago, Y/N. I just want you to take time if you need it, you know?"

"I know, but Eiji wouldn't want me moping around."

Jongho nodded and you both finished your breakfast, cleaning up before heading out. Ever since the two of you started kindergarten, you would always walk together, even on the stormy days.

"Have you noticed that Hyeseong's already started bullying another freshmen?" He asked.

You rolled your eyes. "Of course he has, that's all he's good at."